News about the Finnish/Russian child

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Wed May 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I would share this:
http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/05/ ... 50077.html

It's been in the news for the past few days (at least the Finnish version of HS). Weirdest part? I remember reading the Finnish version something along the lines that bringing a kidnapped boy back to Finland is a crime!

My thoughts right above all other thoughts in my head? The poor kid, just 5, is being shunted around!

How do other see it?

Kind regards.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: News about the Finnish/Russian child

Post by network_engineer » Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Post Deleted!

Mark I.

Post by Mark I. » Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Sad but true - Russia is actually an unlawful state, instead of justice they play some national prestige political violent game.

EU and USA, not to talk about Finland (which is extreme in this "Finlandisation") have adopted policy of keeping Russia "close & friends". I don't think it brings about change in Russia.

Confronting Russia should be weighted also. We'd see who will fall, and who will stand tall. (BTW, I'm in tiny minority with these thoughts.)

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Mark I. wrote: Confronting Russia should be weighted also. We'd see who will fall, and who will stand tall. (BTW, I'm in tiny minority with these thoughts.)
Think you need to call their bluff a bit more. Risky, but...

I think the way this consular did the work is well dodgy and that could cause more trouble than a 'regular' Finn doing it and then the child being protected by the finnish govt.

Screw the parents just feel sorry for the child - poor guy!
Black Flag kills ants on contact

Mark I.

Post by Mark I. » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

network_engineer wrote:Post Deleted!
Why did you do that?

An excellent post.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:Screw the parents just feel sorry for the child - poor guy!
What would you do if you where the father of this kid? Having him taken away from you, with a supposedly "unbalanced mother" and a religious cult in a country that most people consider to be behind in many domains and facing the prospect of never seeing again? The one who looses most surely is the kid, but does it mean that the father should just cross his arms and sit at home?

buldozr

Post by buldozr » Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 pm

ajdias wrote:What would you do if you where the father of this kid? Having him taken away from you, with a supposedly "unbalanced mother" and a religious cult in a country that most people consider to be behind in many domains and facing the prospect of never seeing again?
I can understand the dad's motives, but what kind of diplomatic servant is that? Russia is a wild country, so it's OK to smuggle people out? Why is their office called a consulate then, not a "mission" among savages?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu May 21, 2009 12:01 am

buldozr wrote:I can understand the dad's motives, but what kind of diplomatic servant is that? Russia is a wild country, so it's OK to smuggle people out? Why is their office called a consulate then, not a "mission" among savages?
Probably servant that has paid his parking tickets, like any decent diplomat? ;) :P
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu May 21, 2009 12:32 am

buldozr wrote:I can understand the dad's motives, but what kind of diplomatic servant is that?
You mean like the spies, err diplomatic workers sitting in Ullallina? :D
I understood the worker did it on his own initiative, abusing his diplomatic powers.
Do you suggest him to be punished?

buldozr

Post by buldozr » Fri May 22, 2009 12:20 am

ajdias wrote:You mean like the spies, err diplomatic workers sitting in Ullallina? :D
I haven't heard about those engaging in any illicit behavior lately.
Besides their primary activity, that is :D
I understood the worker did it on his own initiative, abusing his diplomatic powers.
Do you suggest him to be punished?
Punished, for abuse? Tough question...

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri May 22, 2009 1:10 am

buldozr wrote:their primary activity, that is :D
To park cars where it is forbidden?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Fri May 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi all,

You can find more details here and an rather interesting perspective from the mother here.

[A holiday of over a year is surely not kidnapping!!! Just not coming back and oh, BTW, changed his nationality using false documents! :twisted: If it were up to her, even the courts are wrong!] :twisted:

A new definition and example of audacity?
The mother states It is illegal to take a child across the border in this way! And how might the child feel, when he does not speak Finnish and his father does not speak Russian?” wonders Rimma Salonen.
"As a mother I can say that it is very sad to see that everyone in Finland has stood behind the father in this matter, when he is the one who has committed a crime here.

Indeed!!! LMAO!!! :twisted: :roll:
Thank God for the child that they courts have a better understanding. But wait, seems the seniority goes like this: Immigration official above all! :twisted: At least this is the view that comes across after Russia put the note to Finland.

Anyways, as put by the external affairs ministry, seems the note is rather regular. However, I am really concerned about the audacious (if that is the right word?) behavior. Why Russia is

1. - deliberately ignoring the fact that the mother kidnapped the child from a legal guardian and transported across international boundaries?
2. - blatantly ignoring the usage of falsified documents (unless false documents are legal in Russia)? :twisted: How come the mother has not been taken to task over this?
3. - is quiet over an immigration official blatantly violating the orders of the judiciary?

- For some reason, it almost seems that they are trying to put the blame on the individual that drove the child back.

Seems even a mere immigration official blatantly ignore the court's decisions? Why is it that they are not part of the treaty on international abductions of children ( Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction)? In this case as well, they see the mother as being right! Right to kidnap, right to use falsified documents. Sure, Russia is concerned about all Russians, except the ones in Russia. :evil:

If they do not want the Russians to behave responsibly, then maybe the international community ought to request Russia to keep all Russian at home - ONLY! Problem solved. The mother is worried about coming to Finland because she might have to face the court... but in Russia, all cool! Don't worry about the abduction, forgery, etc. All cool!

PS: Maybe I should not have deleted the post... I just felt so sad and disgusted at the plight of that child! I agree, he is born of a Russian mother and a Finnish father, but please, he is JUST FIVE YEARS OLD!
Last edited by network_engineer on Fri May 22, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri May 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Still wonder why finns dont trust russians :)
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

OwnARottie

Post by OwnARottie » Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Still wonder why finns dont trust russians
Don't trust them, but they still need a broad from there to park themselves in! It like going to some place and trying to park in somewhere where many have parked and could give your, erm, "vehicle" a disease - something that could get you in trouble, so why not just avoid???
--
Rottweilers are great dogs; don't own them if you can't handle yourself.

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat May 23, 2009 8:32 am

While I fully support the father and Finnish diplomat in this case, I feel Finns should not get too excited condemning Russian media either. I don't see ours has acted any better in similar cases.

Remember the case of Outi Koski, where the South Carolina Father coming to pick up his sons Alexander and Jacob back home after his Finnish ex-wife had failed to send them home after a summer holiday trip, suddenly became a kidnapper of 'Espoo boys' 'Aleksi and 'Jaakko'? Despite Finland was a signatory of the Hague convention, I took the poor guy year and a four months and two favorable supreme court decisions to get his sons back, and it was only rather late in the story that also the father got his voice heard in Finnish media (I guess by the time the reporters had realized the mother's 'peculiarities' and got worried they might get in trouble if the kids were physically hurt)