Under the general supervision of the Regional Representative, and in close coordination with the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent will:
1. Assist with incoming calls and provide information on modalities of IOM’s Iraq related programmes as required
2. Assist in outreach, questionnaire and information dissemination including writing and editing of brochures
3. Assist in organizing information meetings in Denmark, Finland and Sweden
4. Assist with questionnaire intake, registration, and editing procedures
5. Assist with translation and interpretation from English to Arabic and/or Kurdish as necessary
6. Perform other tasks relating to the implementation of IOM’s Programmes as required
Education, experience and professional experience:
University, technical school or other continuing education. Experience in interpreting or translating from Arabic and/or Kurdish to English. Technical mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in working with daily routines of an office environment. Personal qualities include attention to detail and strong organizational skills. In addition, an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds is also desired.
Thorough knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish and a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Swedish and/or Danish is an asset.
Length of the the appointment:
3 months with a possibility of an extension
Method of application:
Please send your English application with CV or completed IOM Personal History Form (available from IOM Helsinki website) before 30 June 2003 to us: by email [email protected] or by mail IOM Helsinki, Simo Kohonen, PL 851, 00101 Helsinki. Please mark the envelope 'Hotline'. Unfortunately we are not able to receive telephone enquiries at this stage.
Työn kesto: 3 months with a possiblity of an extension
Työnantaja: IOM International Organization for Migration
1 post • Page 1 of 1