Suomi information for immigrants

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
User avatar
mCowboy
Posts: 4248
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 am
Location: Home of Football

Suomi information for immigrants

Post by mCowboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:12 pm

http://www.infopankki.fi offers information about Finland in 15 languages, 3 new languages now include Spanish, Albanian and Kurdish. Other languages are Finnish, Swedish, English, Estonian, French, Russian, Somalian, Serbocroatian, Turkish, Arabic, Persian and Chinese.

Now Infopankki covers the whole of Finland with local information about the major cities.


Get in there...

Suomi information for immigrants

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

mrshourula
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:21 am
Location: United States

Post by mrshourula » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:58 pm

This is from the "Studying in Tampere Region" Web site but has information that will be useful to anyone seeking employment in Finland.

http://www.uta.fi/sitr/working/index.php


edu
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:30 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by edu » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

For culture and entertainment: http://www.freemagazine.fi

It tells about Finnish music, movies, books... Some nice interviews from time to time.


jumperofwinter
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by jumperofwinter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 am

Hello!!!
This is me Khalid from Morocco,I have a host family living in Finland,exactly in Jyvaskyla and they wanted to get me there and were asked to find me a job,a little job first.They want to offer me everything,health assurance,food,a place where to sleep and everything.


MovingToFinland
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by MovingToFinland » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 am

More information about moving to Finland you find from www.intofinland.fi

In To is the service point of the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) and the Finnish Tax Administration for those coming to work in Finland. It gives advice and instructions to those moving to the Helsinki Metropolitan Area about the matters that first arise on coming to Finland.

In addition to those who have arrived for work purposes, In To can also give guidance on social security and taxation matters for job applicants, self-employed persons, students and companies hiring and recruiting foreign labour.




svedex
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:27 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by svedex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:22 pm

must say that infopankki.fi is very good and offers lots of useful info and other links (for employment, culture view, immigration to Finland etc). even do serbocroatian looks like it was google translated, it is nice to see a multi-language site about finland :)


Rautaristi
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:11 pm
Location: Portland, Maine

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by Rautaristi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:35 pm


My wife is Finnish (and lives there now) but doesn't want me to move there. She likes Los Angeles and my suspicion is that she wants to return, (I can't get wait to get away from this hot, noisy, filthy, overcrowded dungheap) and knows that realistically she can't do it without me.

She thinks Finland is boring but I LOVE Finland and want nothing more than to live there as a permanent resident. I have been studying Finnish intensively for the past five months, as well as Finnish history and culture. I am returning to Finland in November, 2009.

Despite the present economic situation, I need to find a job there. (Scrubbing Finnish toilets would be a joy!) With a job of course, comes a work visa (?).

I don't expect to get rich. Just the chance to live in that beautiful country. Any suggestions?????????????????/


ahmedtaha001
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:15 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by ahmedtaha001 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 am

:) hi , I'm Ahmed from Egypt i would like to immigrate to Finland but i Don't know how :roll: , can anyone help pls '
best regards . Ahmed


missishot
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by missishot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Rautaristi wrote:My wife is Finnish (and lives there now) but doesn't want me to move there. She likes Los Angeles and my suspicion is that she wants to return, (I can't get wait to get away from this hot, noisy, filthy, overcrowded dungheap) and knows that realistically she can't do it without me.

She thinks Finland is boring but I LOVE Finland and want nothing more than to live there as a permanent resident. I have been studying Finnish intensively for the past five months, as well as Finnish history and culture. I am returning to Finland in November, 2009.

Despite the present economic situation, I need to find a job there. (Scrubbing Finnish toilets would be a joy!) With a job of course, comes a work visa (?).

I don't expect to get rich. Just the chance to live in that beautiful country. Any suggestions?????????????????/


wow you must be crazy or loser...California is much better place than here...I wish I could move out from Finland...Finnish language is so hard...only for this reason it is very stressful here. if I only could get an American hubby and live in Cali....and if he wants, sure, he can try to live here eheheh just to get a life :)))


User avatar
Gregg10
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:26 am
Location: Northern Germany

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by Gregg10 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:18 am

missishot wrote:wow you must be crazy or loser...California is much better place than here...I wish I could move out from Finland...Finnish language is so hard...only for this reason it is very stressful here. if I only could get an American hubby and live in Cali....and if he wants, sure, he can try to live here eheheh just to get a life :)))


a matter of taste .... i like finland and i wish i could live there! i'm learning the language for 1,5 years and i think i can speak it very good :D
Greetings
Image


label factory
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by label factory » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 pm

i wish i could live to finland..


kasamajay
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by kasamajay » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi All,

I'm from India, currently staying and working in UK. I'm in UK with my family (Wife and Child) on Tier 1 visa.

Being from India, can i apply for finland work and resident permit for me and resident permit for my wife and child (2.5yrs) from Finland Embassy in London, UK.

Regards,
Ajay Kasam


littleluck
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by littleluck » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am

kasamajay wrote:Hi All,

I'm from India, currently staying and working in UK. I'm in UK with my family (Wife and Child) on Tier 1 visa.

Being from India, can i apply for finland work and resident permit for me and resident permit for my wife and child (2.5yrs) from Finland Embassy in London, UK.

Regards,
Ajay Kasam


Hi, does that mean you are in UK through the Post-Study Work Tier 1 or Something else? Then, I assume that if you're not lucky enough to be employed permanently before your visa expires, you must definitely pack up, yea?

However, in Finland, its more flexible. But a bit harder to bag a job due to language barriers as Finnish language required loads of time and patience to master. I will suggest you better come here first alone and see if you can manage to live for yourself first, then you can invite your whole family to link up with you.

Now, there are many ways getting a work visa, It depends on your field of work or skills you have. Tell me bit more, then I can suggest you wot to do...

Kumar.


Cathy Duncan
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 am

Re: Suomi information for immigrants

Post by Cathy Duncan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm willing to move to Finland but I have heard that after one year of living in Finland, the citizens of this country start speaking with you in Finnish and if you cannot answer them in their own language, it's a matter of embarrassment for you. It that true? I am just scared of it.
Ask Questions and Live Help at http://www.maybenow.com


Locked