Residence Processing and National July Vacation?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:52 am

Well, like for me bing in the office with nobody else there makes my productivity rise 50%...

However, you misppelled one thing there, it is: "The whole Finland is on Holiday in July"

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Geri Bush

Re: Residence Processing and National July Vacation?

Post by Geri Bush » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:22 am

tigerlilies wrote:Does it make the reisdence processing slower? Just wondering:)lol And still waiting for my residence:)

:shock:
Kat
Good luck!!!! I put in my application 04July2002 and got the decision 14Feb03. I was already living in Finland when I applied. I'm sure that slowed things a bit.

What about the rest of "you" Non-EU peoples? How long did your permit take to process? Maybe we can give Kat a better idea of the wait time.

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:22 pm

Typically it takes anywhere from 6 - 10 weeks max, but it all depends on where you are taking the renewel form. Each city's police department moves at their own pace, but typically in Helsinki police station, it usually took my processing about 6 weeks on average...and I have been doing this 3 years...this year was the fastest by far, takening only about 5 weeks...

dropped off passport and paperwork in first week of Feb and receiving it in 2nd week in April.

thougth it helps to have everything in order BEFORE YOU GO THERE, and not fill out papers there at the police station while you wait (and wait, and wait, and wait, etc...). when you show up with everything filled out already and you just drop it off and pay for it...they like that a lot and you usually get put on the top of the "pile" of renewals..

my two cents worth... 8)
Last edited by Kemars on Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

nehia_qom

Post by nehia_qom » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:39 pm

When I have called to ask they have said 1-4 months (for a work permit). They have also said if the employer calls and asks for it to speed up it can be done.
That is not experience that is onlewhat I have been told by calling.
Jess

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet.
- Mae West