Looking for private English lessons

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
umit

Post by umit » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm

A friend of mine is looking for private English lessons from preferably a native speaker. His English is a little bit higher than beginner level. He lives in Helsinki. He is quite flexible with the lesson hours and can arrange a venue for the sessions. He would like to take 7-8 hours per week...

If you are interested please feel free to make an offer here on the thread or by PM.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kanbar82

Re: Looking for private English lessons

Post by kanbar82 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello,

I see this post is for those who’d like to improve their English speaking skills.

First and foremost allow me to introduce myself, my name is Alexander Kanbar and I’m originally from London, England. I’m 27 years of age and have been living in Helsinki for the past year having met my Finnish girlfriend while studying for my Masters Degree specializing in Communication.

If you’d like to speak English but are lacking confidence, or would like to speak English more often but simply don’t have the company to do so, then perhaps I may be able to help.

What I do specifically is discuss various topics (hobbies, culture, work, socializing, travel,) with individuals just like you, while I politely correct and of course encourage you as we go along. My sessions generally relate to occasions where my clients are required to speak English, therefore a great opportunity to practice and improve your confidence for situations that may happen in the future. Session are fun, relaxed, conversational, but most importantly, rewarding!

Popular topics include:

- Public & Organizational Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Interpersonal & Intercultural Communication

Currently I converse with individuals on an hourly or two hour basis depending on their preferences, package options are available too.

If you’d like further details please don’t hesitate to contact me, my email address is [email protected].

Perhaps we can arrange a meeting to discuss my sessions face-to-face?

Nonetheless, I look forward to speaking English with you :)

MarcS

Post by MarcS » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi,

I have recently moved from Leicester in England to Helsinki and subsequently am looking for work.

I am educated to a Masters Degree level in the UK and have carried out some teaching assistant work in the past, i also would describe myself as a fun, easy going person to chat with.

I would love to be able to offer lessons to someone willing to learn the English language, i speak Oxford English myself so no hard to understand accents or slang.

Would be great to hear from you

Marc

[email protected]

tony webb

Post by tony webb » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:02 pm

hei,

I currently live in London but want to move back to Helsinki as a freelance English language trainer. I have recently qualified as a Cambridge(CELTA) trainer - Certificate for English Language Training for adults.

I would be able to assess your friends level of English and to train them to a higher level.

If you are interested please reply via this site.

I look forward to hearing from you.#
BR.
Tony Webb

I