Video work in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
esamak

Video work in Finland

Post by esamak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 am

Hi my name is Esa Makela, I'll be in Finland by February 2010 to visit family. I'm interested in looking at the audio visual industry , and if you know or need a visual visual operator you can e-mail me at : [email protected]

I have over 20 years’ extensive knowledge and experience in film, video and audio. My skills in film and other moving image are both traditional (analogue) and modern (digital). I am highly skilled with the operation and maintenance of a wide range of analogue and digital audiovisual equipment. Under limited direction, I accomplish my wide range of duties to the highest professional standard.

work skills :

Film and Sound Section
Moving Image Preservation Officer - applying preservation standard to all video formats
developed MXF and metadata standards for collection storage and access
camera,editor and DVD authoring all audio visual aspect for corporate DVD production
author major video production DVD for commercial sales
trans-coding all video formats
preparing 35mm and 16mm film of telecine
Theatre Manager
Multimedia Operator
Video Camera Operator
Video editor
DVD authoring

Email: [email protected]

Master class in HDV and DV cinematography
Diploma in Multimedia and IT Integration
Electronics Certificate
Certificate in Audio Visual – Video
Drama 1 & 2
Painting
Last edited by esamak on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Video work in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

karel

Re: Video guy looking of work in Finland

Post by karel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

Are you a Finnish citizen?
Are you coming here just to visit your family or are you moving here?

If you're not a Finnish citizen and you're coming here to visit your family, you can't work here if I'm correct.

If you're moving here, you first need to get your paperwork done if you're not a Finnish citizen.

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 am

Ah how nice way to start... by lying!
You arent Makela, you are Mäkelä! Prove me wrong, mäkelä is common name and makela i never heard of, photo of your passport do with explanation why you mutilated your name.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 am

Don't be so cruel, you know they can't afford to keep dots on letters, its far too germaine.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Don't be so cruel, you know they can't afford to keep dots on letters, its far too germaine.
Its nice to be cruel, i can borrow some dots to them öööäää :)

esamak

Post by esamak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

thanks for all your concern,

and to answer your question:

Yes I'm Finnish and Australian citizen, I've serviced in the Finnish military back in 1982 ( still had the USSR across the border then) as a anti tank Jaeger and then as a pioneer. I really enjoy servicing in the Finnish army great bunch of guys.

and Makela in my name but as I live in a English speaking country alas my keyboard can't add the umlaut over to a or A

my question is "what Finland like now in 2009 to 10.?" and how would I go looking for AV jobs..

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 pm

esamak wrote: Yes I'm Finnish and Australian citizen, I've serviced in the Finnish military back in 1982 ( still had the USSR across the border then) as a anti tank Jaeger and then as a pioneer. I really enjoy servicing in the Finnish army great bunch of guys.
Its still there, name changed but its still sama vanha vainooja, be it USSR or Russia. Enemy still comes from east, or if its sneaky then maybe from west.
Hi to other antitank jaeger, i had my training with apilas and KES88 tho what is more modern than musti in 1982 (you did have musti then?). I did my service in 94-95.
Musti is and was more antitank squad weapon and no jaeger would touch it, we have our sinkos.
Dont lie your name, be proud of it! Fck foreigners who cant type it, http://www.alt-codes.net/ alt + number does a trick or buy finnish keyboard and set computer as finnish.

esamak

Post by esamak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

I trained in Hamina and primarily as light infantry Jeagers and Yes I remember the sinkos.. so you'd be around 33 now? and what happening in Finland..today

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 pm

esamak wrote:I trained in Hamina and primarily as light infantry Jeagers and Yes I remember the sinkos.. so you'd be around 33 now? and what happening in Finland..today
Yes im -77 and finland is good, we still have our enemy in east and faggots in west :)
Individual russkies we let it, balalaika and good food. Swedes we tolerate, they are what they are (and we dont have border anyway). Norwegians do have tell that they dont really eat that fish! Denmark, well we dont know lot of it, lets assume they are faggots too, with iceland.
And im child soldier, i were 17 when i went in service :)

esamak

Post by esamak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:05 pm

ok, nice to meet you, as you can see I'm scouting the Finland forum, testing the waters to say...and looking forward to seeing Finland again.. PS my family lived in the Karelian Isthmus?