TUCS in Turku for Msc(Global IT) or Hanken

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
vunnam

Post by vunnam » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:20 am

Hai ,I am sreenivas ,
I got admission offers from both Hanken For Msc(AFIS) and TUCS at Turku for MSc(gloabal IT management)

I have to decide on one,interms of value of degree and part time jobs availble ,campus placements.Hanken is related financial IT and other is general IT prodcut management.

is turku good for students jobs or helsinki for a englsih speaking people.

plz help me by analysing above criteria.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Re: TUCS in Turku for Msc(Global IT) or Hanken

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:56 am

vunnam wrote: is turku good for students jobs or helsinki for a englsih speaking people.
I am not an expert on comparing these two educational establishments..you could PM to Olly (you will find him in our Pub rabbiting on about Man Untd!) he is a at the Helsinki one and may know how the Turku one compares.
The financial aspect of the Hanken course seems a good option to me. Many companies need IT experts that can computerise their finanaces and book keeping. Global IT managers seem more common so probably less vacancies.
Both Helsinki and Turku have many English speakers..dont think there is much differerence in that aspect.. but student jobs. :roll: .both are tough as Finland has high un-employment at current time..but Helsinki probably a bit better chance as it is much bigger industrial complexs.
If you do the Finance plus IT then head offices/finance departments tend to be in Helsinki.
Where are coming from, do you speak any Finnish? Do you have any contacts here?

sipiracha

removed

Post by sipiracha » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:15 pm

removed