Ebay in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
sweet_malcolm

Re: Ebay in Finland

Post by sweet_malcolm » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

sweet_malcolm wrote:
Pursuivant wrote:I really shouldn't spoil my sport, but one favorite pastime for Finns is to spin a yarn to a "virgin" foreigner and see how deep the bait sinks... some only feel a tickling in their butt when they get reeled in... problem is that some facts are quite as unbelievable so you really need to be in the know...

Europes quite a diverse place. I mean the Italians are completely oposite to Germens and Fins. I sometimes wonder if the weather has a lot to do with it.

So one should never stare into the eyes of a Fin when talking to them. i find that hard. I mean thats how you show someone your interested in what they are saying. and actualy care. when confronted with a Fin. you should never invade thier space. blimy!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:01 pm

a bit like not being within a kissing distance of a glaswegian innit?
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

sweet_malcolm

Post by sweet_malcolm » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 pm

I had to read that guide to Finland, it did make me laugh, who ever wrote that has got my sense of humour. magic

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Pursuivant wrote:
sweet_malcolm wrote: no sense of humour.. confirmed.
Germans distant? they're sycophant catamites... but you are very right on the part of absolutely no sense of humor. http://www.ilmatar.net/~np/misc/foreign ... nland.html none sowhatever
Until everyone gets loaded up...Then the scent of humor comes through all orifices.. :roll: :lol:

sweet_malcolm

Post by sweet_malcolm » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

After much research, And digging and delving in to history and present social order mind set etc. I decided not on Finland, ( Sorry Finland, hope you can manage without me) think I try Amsterdam or somewhere in Holland.. its tooo brrrrrrrrrrrr cold in Finland. And the people seem cold too. ( must be the weather) . Holland is a little further south. bonus!!!. more in line with my G.P.S., ( save on heating too) I definalty don't want Germany ( no thanks) Holland is more my politics too, and its nearer to me. i can hop on a boat from Dover ( 10 miles from my front door) . ( he hopes) . Just like to say thanks for all the friendly info. ( helped a lot) .
Last edited by sweet_malcolm on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:21 pm

sweet_malcolm wrote:I decided to give Finland a miss
I wanted a boy!
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Hermunc

Post by Hermunc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:44 am

Maybe a a fellow entrepenuer, you can aid me. I am in the United States and am having a hard time finding an exporter in Finland.

I want to buy a few products in bulk and bring to the United States. Everything I see online is in China and has been red flagged as a fruad site. Other sites that claim to be wholesale have retail prices.

I'm looking to buy the Nokia phones that say they are manufactured in Finland. What could be easier. Any suggestions?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am

Nokia only manufactures the E and some N models here. But why would you buy them here when they are cheaper to buy in the USA?
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

and

Post by and » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:11 am

Just to update info about taxes:
I ordered 77$ worth Access point, had to pay VAT 14 Eur.
I asked desk officer about limits:
For goods worth < 45 Eur you don't have to pay VAT.
If the value is >=150 Eur, you have to pay customs tax.
Both limits include shipping.

Regards,
Andris

luckykitty

Post by luckykitty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 pm

raamv wrote:The problem with your model might not be the selling bit..but more of a competing bit..
First thing is the Customs: Customs are pretty strict and demanding at times..
http://www.tulli.fi/en/index.jsp
The thing about importing and storing good here is pretty painful if you dont know the ways around it..
e.g. I spent a few days dealing with a purchase from the US for my company and They asked all kinds of information that needs to be faxed..
Otherwise, All I got was a form that said 2 choices: Fax that form filled or come and pick the goods up.
But then I needed essential company information that needs to be filled , declaration of goods from person/company sending it, and actual invoice of the good purchased..
All faxed or taken to post office at the airport.
After all that, I still dont know how much they will be charging for Tulli ( As I told them to treat it as a business to business case ).

On top of all that, you need to declare your income here to Vero(Tax man ) ( http://www.vero.fi) for the things that you sell on ebay etc..and keep track of all the VAT information etc etc for which you probably need to have some sort of self-owned company ( Toiminimi or Oy )
PS. Does he also need to register this as a business in Finland anyway, since most of his income is coming from selling things? Or can he declare his income here from his registered company in UK? Is there any threshold for the profit people can make selling things here, not as a business, but their personal items?