HELP!!! Interview Tips

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Jack

HELP!!! Interview Tips

Post by Jack » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi everybody,

I have just found out that I have an interview with an IT company in Helsinki so I am in panic mode a bit!! Does anybody have any interview tips or the kinda questions they might ask? Anybody with experience of It interviews at companies? All suggestions and posts are most welcome.

Thank you
Jack

HELP!!! Interview Tips

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Poupe

Post by Poupe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 pm

I dont know if this helps anything. Sorry it is in finnish.
interview tips and FAQ
http://www.aarresaari.net/haastattelu.htm#valmist

there is a link to Haastattelusimulaatio
you can test yourself if you answer right.

I have been to three job interviews. I didnt find any same questions like in the link I gave though, but atleast you get the picture, It depends on the kind of job.
Good luck!
PouPe S.

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:42 pm

What type of position is it for? IT is a huge field.
[img:1n9ojkdk]images/pics/flags/au.gif[/img:1n9ojkdk]

hdblue

Re: HELP!!! Interview Tips

Post by hdblue » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for posting. I have some my interview tips. I'll share again soon

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: Interview tips
Tks again and pls keep posting.
Last edited by hdblue on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatNip

Post by CatNip » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:42 am

Be on time, ask question about the company, look in to the eyes, offer your hand for shake, don't interrupt:)
Good luck:)!

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Research the company, get the dressing code right. Depending on the position you're applying for, just make sure you have some stuff on your mind.
DO NOT brag you previous achievement and salaries. Look interested, don't bargain a lot on the salary.
After researching the company (size, work fields) you might be able to determine who's interviewing you, the manager? HR guy? your future direct supervisor? that can give you an idea about the questions, manager might go easy, HR piece of cake (just show that you have good manners, team worker, nice, smile) as direct supervisor you might be asked some hard questions.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.