asking about applying for VISA

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rinso

Re: asking about applying for VISA

Post by rinso » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:35 am

If your husband is Finnish and he lives currently in Finland, he should be able to get all the information you need from Migri.
The need for asking strangers on a forum for this kind of basic information can raise some questions about your marriage.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:51 am

First of all, are you sure you want to apply for visa first and the residence permit only after arriving here?

Yes, it is possible and you can probably get here faster that way. On the other hand, before you have the residence permit you only have the legal rights of a tourist.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:41 am

rinso wrote:If your husband is Finnish and he lives currently in Finland, he should be able to get all the information you need from Migri.
The need for asking strangers on a forum for this kind of basic information can raise some questions about your marriage.
:thumbsup: That is something I am wondering myself with the huge majority of the posts where a partner wants to know how they can join their partner already living in Finland.
I don't remember the marriage formula going something like "in good and in bad times, but not when it's about inquiring information from third parties"... :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

shireesh

Post by shireesh » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi All,

Iam planning to start the process for Finland, but i was in confused that how to start the visa process and what the requirement needs to start the visa process from India. can anyone please do needful.

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm

shireesh wrote:Hi All,

Iam planning to start the process for Finland, but i was in confused that how to start the visa process and what the requirement needs to start the visa process from India. can anyone please do needful.
Are you getting married to Finnish citizen too?

ms_confused

Post by ms_confused » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 am

hello!
I am a new member here!I assumed that you are already living in Finland now...
I just ask what steps you did when you get married with your Finnish husband...I am confused with this.we are recently engaged and planning to get married here in Philippines in august.my fiance is getting ready of the papers...what did your husband brought when he went to here to marry you.is it the CNI(certificate of no marriage) does my fiance need to bring divorce papers or is it the same with CNI?
after the wedding I would like to apply a visa right away because we want to be together asap..what type of visa should i apply and what are the documents i need to be ready...should i need to apply or is it possible that my husband will apply for a visa?
please i need your help....
wifey wrote:Hi

Good day!I wanna ask about applying for VISA..

I am a Filipino citizen and I married a Finnish citizen last May 2011..And we married here in our country Philippines.We've been discussing about applying for a VISA coz me and my husband wanted to be together.And we are confused what VISA we will used to apply for me to go to his place...What VISA we used to apply for me to go their soon?

Can we used PRIVATE VISIT VISA?Like I read on their website...or is this possible for us to used this type of VISA?...or how about TOURIST VISA?...is it possible for us too?

I am looking forward to your answer.Hope you can help us.

And thank you for your time reading for my questions.And hope I can still ask more too..To enlighten me and my husband what we will do for this...

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 am

Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit is for residing.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 am

Instructions form Finnish embassy in Manila, in Finnish and English, both for gettign married and afterwards remonstrating the marriage also in Finland:
http://www.finland.ph/public/default.as ... ture=fi-FI
http://www.finland.ph/public/default.as ... ture=en-US

Note among other things:
The local authorities in the Philippines may have additional requirements (eg. English translation of the judgment for divorce), so the requirements has to be checked directly from the authority officiating the marriage in the Philippines.
After you're married you follow the instructions from submitting the relevant papers at the embassy for remonstrating marriage also in Finland.

Having done that, your basic options are
A) You apply for residence permit via Finnish embassy, and wait there until you get the permit
B) You apply for a visa (via Embassy) for a visit to FInland, and getting it and after arriving here apply for a residence permit in your husbands home town from the local police office. The waiting time for the residence permit you will stay here.

With option B) you'll get here faster, but you will spend likely several months at the beginning just on a tourist status, without access to social services or public health care, no permission to work or to do degree studies. It can feel frustrating. With option A) your waiting time in Philippines is longer, but you'll be recognized as a legal resident here from the moment you step out of the air plane in Helsinki.
Last edited by Rip on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 am

Rip wrote:With option B) you'll get here faster, but you will spend likely several months at the beginning just on a tourist status, without access to social services or public health care, no permission to work or to do degree studies. It can feel frustrating. With option A) your waiting time in Philippines is longer, but you'll be recognized as a legal resident here from the moment you step out of the air plane in Helsinki.
Good thing that you didn't bookmark this thread as op decided to get her post deleted and no one seems to got whole post quoted. But it might still be good read for ms_confused.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am

Upphew wrote:
Rip wrote:With option B) you'll get here faster, but you will spend likely several months at the beginning just on a tourist status, without access to social services or public health care, no permission to work or to do degree studies. It can feel frustrating. With option A) your waiting time in Philippines is longer, but you'll be recognized as a legal resident here from the moment you step out of the air plane in Helsinki.
Good thing that you didn't bookmark this thread as op decided to get her post deleted and no one seems to got whole post quoted. But it might still be good read for ms_confused.
The mod(s) shouldn't do that.. :roll: now it looks like I started the thread. Not only that but the initial post was a good post on why it's a bit risky to apply in the country.
You forgot to mention that she will be burning through money at an alarming rate with no way (herself) to make any 'legal' income. Not to mention she can't know the date on the decision so she won't know how much money she may have to spend just to stay here, for the sake of being here.
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.