Marriage Registration in Finland, (maistraatti)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sial

Post by Sial » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi ,

I am Pakistani and my wife is native finnish. We are living together in Pakistan and we married in pakistan. thats why, our marriage certificate is Pakistani, which has been legalized by finnish embassy. As my wife is finn, before applying for residence permit, our marriage should be registered in finland too, at local registrar, so called maistraatti. And our requirement for that is also meets, cuz our marriage is legalized by finnish embassy. so my question is, how can i register my marriage in maistraatti, and after registration, will maistraatti issue us finnish marriage document or just stamp our pakistani marriage document (legalised) ??????

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Marriage Registration in Finland, (maistraatti)

Post by Rip » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 pm

You can submit the documents either at the magistrate office of you home town in Finland or at the Finnish embassy in Pakistan for registration (they will send it to magistrate office via official channels). If you are currently in Pakistan as well as the paper then doing it via embassy should be more practical. If you need to get the Pakistani paper back, probably best to ask in advance how that will work.

After the marriage is properly registered here, it will show in the Finnish population database and in paper extracts/certificates made from it.

Sial

Post by Sial » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:42 pm

So do they give back a finnish document? and how long does it takes to get marriage registered and extract made from it?
Any idea to anybody?

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Sial wrote:So do they give back a finnish document? and how long does it takes to get marriage registered and extract made from it?
Any idea to anybody?
When it is registered you can get Finnish document stating that you're married. If one goes to the magistrate office in person you can get the document (extract) straight away (when the registration has been first done).

I couldn't find easily exactly how long the Finnish registration took for us, but I can say it took more than a week but less than three weeks from the date the papers were submitted in the embassy (not in Pakistan, but same continent)

Sial

Post by Sial » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm

okay, thanks for the information. so is there any fee involve, if i register my marriage???

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Sial wrote:okay, thanks for the information. so is there any fee involve, if i register my marriage???
I think there was not.

Sial

Post by Sial » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:31 pm

so for residence permit on the basis of spouse of finnish citizen, marriage must be registered in finland, and for marriage registration, it should be first legalized by the embassy of your country. so my marriage certificates are now legalized and i sent em for marriage registration, so when marriage will be registered, will embassy only return me legalized pakistani documents or also finnish certificate (extract) or only finnish extract. i mean any one of them or both?

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:06 am

hi to all!!
have a good day..wanna ask about resident permit.im filipino citizen and im married a finnish citizen..now im starting to complete all my requirements and soon its done.!september would be expected to submit my resident permit..im nervous this time cause before were not married im applying tourist visa then unluckily they refused :( so that why this time i wanna make it sure is it possible they can refused my resident permit even im married?
i hope and want to be together with my husband and start a normal life..everyday so sick to wait and wait thinking each other,,i miss him so much!! :(
what the best way should i do?
is it right way i submit my resident permit here my origin country?or is it better to the finland with my husband?
what is the possibilies they can refused permit?
is it true about 6months to wait?
im looking forward who know about this...thanks(kiitos) :)

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 am

faith_bless wrote:is it possible they can refused my resident permit even im married?
Primarily if they think the marriage is not a genuine one (they think you got married just to get a residence permit)
is it right way i submit my resident permit here my origin country?or is it better to the finland with my husband?
Both are possible, applying while you're abroad may actually lead to faster result. In order to apply while you're Finland you'd need to have a visa first, with which you seem to have a problem.
Maybe shorter, maybe longer. They seem to give 190 days as the average for those applications that are handled in the Migri.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:37 am

im nervous this time cause before were not married im applying tourist visa then unluckily they refused
There was a reason why they refused it. As long as you don't know why, we cannot make any prediction.
n refused my resident permit even im married?
Yes. And since they already refused your visa, there is a good chance your RP will be refused for the same reason.
If you cannot get a visa to enter Finland, you have no options, have you?
6 months is an average. Since you already have a suspicious history (refused visa) it might even take longer.

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:34 am

accutually,,i refused my visa before cause of lack documents,,i admit i didnt give my bank account statement which is important of all,,thats my mistakes,,
maybe they can understand if i tell them all honestly and i convince them...is it working?im so panic cause i will apply this coming september..please gave me some advice.. :(

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 am

please gave me some advice..
Make proper applications with all of the required documents. Read instructions and follow them. Don't make assumptions, ask the relevant authorities if you are unsure about how to make the application. Migri does not care about people who have been sloppy in previous applications and are in a panic now, they care about correctly made applications and getting the correct documents. It is a bit harsh maybe, but that is how it works.

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 am

kiitos for your advice :)
yes i will surely make things done well like my documents now they have question and im not surely answer this please guide me on this...
have you been subject to a refusal of entry into the schengen territory?
no yes dont know
which country?

is the refusal of entry still in force?
no.when was it force?
yes.until when is it force?

now i check the yes and which country is in finland doi have to indicate to "is the refusal of entry still in force?"
im not sure what i have answer this....:(
kiitos again...

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am

Migri does not care about people who have been sloppy in previous applications and are in a panic now
And remember, Migri is not about helping people, but keeping the bad apples out.
maybe they can understand if i tell them all honestly and i convince them
Talk (phone) with the embassy. They are easier to talk to than a desk clerk in Helsinki with a big pile of applications in front of him.
"is the refusal of entry still in force?"
Yes. (here you can explain about your sloppy paperwork, even if there is no space for remarks)
Don't lie about it, they have their paperwork in order and a lie will get you an other refusal.

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 am

okay i rather be talk to the phone either,,
how about this i will anwer yes"yes.until when is it force? is it the date i file my tourist visa?or the refusal date?...