applying resident permit and married to finnish citizen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 am

hi to all!!
have a good day..wanna ask about resident permit.im filipino citizen and im married a finnish citizen..now im starting to complete all my requirements and soon its done.!september would be expected to submit my resident permit..im nervous this time cause before were not married im applying tourist visa then unluckily they refused :( so that why this time i wanna make it sure is it possible they can refused my resident permit even im married?
my tourist visa refusal before can affect my residence permit application?
im afraid if that so...:(
i hope and want to be together with my husband and start a normal life..everyday so sick to wait and wait thinking each other,,i miss him so much!! :(
what the best way should i do?
is it right way i submit my resident permit here my origin country?or is it better in finland with my husband?
what is the possibilities they can refused permit?
is it true about 6months to wait?
im looking forward who know about this...thanks(kiitos) :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

interleukin

Re: applying resident permit and married to finnish citizen

Post by interleukin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 am

Yes, they can refuse your application based on marriage if they don't believe that the marriage is real. If you have had an application refused previously, that is almost surely going to affect things, but it will be just one of the factors they consider. If you make a correct application with all the required papers, you will just have to hope for the best I guess.

Making your application in your home country is almost always the best solution. It should be quicker and it shows that you are willing to wait for the papers to be sorted out properly. Because of your previous rejection I would really say this should be how you do it. If you decide to come here and make the application here, you would first have to get a visa to come here, and it seems likely that they would refuse you again. If you apply from your home country, the application may take a few months to process but at least you can work and save money in your home country while you are waiting for the decision.

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am

okay i get it all..
i our marriage is genuine and true...i love him and he loves me,,we love each other..
and now how can show or what to do when the migri can believe it..that were not get married for "funny" or for just i wanna go finland for some reason..i wanna be with him and start normal life with..
what can i do?

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 am

what can i do?
You can read what I wrote in the other thread you started about this, you make a careful application and don't skip any important documents. And you wait.

faith_bless

Post by faith_bless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 am

okay i would be...:)
yes your right!!!i must be patient..:)
kiitos!

ms_confused

Post by ms_confused » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

hello!

I am really confused about things.I am a filipino citizen too...
I have a finnish Fiancee We are planning to get married Soon here in Philippines probably on May.
My question is what papers He needs to get before coming here,I read some post that he needs to get his
certificate of no impidement and his divorce papers because she is divorce.
after marriage here what I should apply to go to finland? According to my finacee I will apply for permanent
resident..what papers/document needed to apply for a permanent resident aside from marriage certificate?
Can we get my fiancee's certificate of no impedement here in philippines in finnish Embassy in manila because he is really
confused of this CNI and divorce papers?
your help much appreciated.
thanks

faith_bless wrote:hi to all!!
have a good day..wanna ask about resident permit.im filipino citizen and im married a finnish citizen..now im starting to complete all my requirements and soon its done.!september would be expected to submit my resident permit..im nervous this time cause before were not married im applying tourist visa then unluckily they refused :( so that why this time i wanna make it sure is it possible they can refused my resident permit even im married?
my tourist visa refusal before can affect my residence permit application?
im afraid if that so...:(
i hope and want to be together with my husband and start a normal life..everyday so sick to wait and wait thinking each other,,i miss him so much!! :(
what the best way should i do?
is it right way i submit my resident permit here my origin country?or is it better in finland with my husband?
what is the possibilities they can refused permit?
is it true about 6months to wait?
im looking forward who know about this...thanks(kiitos) :)

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am

ms_confused wrote: I am really confused about things.I am a filipino citizen too...
I have a finnish Fiancee We are planning to get married Soon here in Philippines probably on May.
My question is what papers He needs to get before coming here,I read some post that he needs to get his
certificate of no impidement and his divorce papers because she is divorce.
Your country, your rules. If Philippines require those papers, those she must provide. Problems can arise when required papers don't exist in Finland (eg. birth certificate).
ms_confused wrote:after marriage here what I should apply to go to finland? According to my finacee I will apply for permanent
resident..what papers/document needed to apply for a permanent resident aside from marriage certificate?
You don't apply for permanent residet, you apply for residence permit. For needed documents see http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... artnership
ms_confused wrote:Can we get my fiancee's certificate of no impedement here in philippines in finnish Embassy in manila because he is really
confused of this CNI and divorce papers?
Why not get the papers while in Finland? And call/mail the Finnish embassy to ask what papers they think are needed for marriage there. I suppose the embassy won't provide that kind of papers.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 am

Aren't the instructions on the Finnish embassy website clear enough?
Getting married in the Philippines

Prior to getting married in the Philippines (a civil/church marriage), the following documents have to be obtained from Finland:

* An original copy of a multilingual Certificate of No Impediment (certificate of capacity under Finnish law to enter into a marriage contract before a foreign authority) from the register office or parish of the place of residence. The certificate is valid for four (4) months from the date of issue.
* A passport
*The birth certificate (an extract from the population information system in Finland or "virkatodistus")

The certificates issued by the Finnish authorities have to be authenticated first by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and then by the Embassy of the Philippines in Helsinki.

The local authorities in the Philippines may have additional requirements (eg. English translation of the judgment for divorce), so the requirements has to be checked directly from the authority officiating the marriage in the Philippines.

Only the local registry offices in Finland are competent authorities to issue the Certificate of No Impediment or so called legal capacity certificates for Finnish citizens getting married abroad.
If the local registrar office in the Philippines requires Embassy's confirmation for the certificate issued by the Finnish authorities, the Embassy can issue an additional certificate only when the original, duly authenticated certificate issued by Finnish registry office is presented in the Embassy together with the passport of the Finnish citizen.
http://www.finland.ph/public/default.as ... ture=en-US

See also the instructions for registering the marriage with Finnish authorities afterwards on the same page.

The required attachments for the residence permit are listed at the end of the application form, available online of the website of the Finnish immigration service (http://www.migri.fi). For permanent permit you become only after living four years here (even though the extensions after getting the first permit are pretty much formalities if you keep on living here and stay married)

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 am

You can get the "EU divorce certificate" if the divorce is recent, thats in English so no translation needed.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."