Suomen Yritysrekisteri

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
masao

Suomen Yritysrekisteri

Post by masao » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi,
When you start your own business and register it at PRH, then you will start to receive phone calls and emails offering all kinds
of services. Some are reasonable and honest and the others are not.

The other day I got a call from Suomen Yritysrekisteri. She asked me if I were interested in their service or something like that.
I said yeah. Then she asked me my name, address, and such, and then she wished me a good day.
There was not a word about contract or cost.

Two days later I got a bill from them, charging me 75€ + 17.25€ tax = 92.25€ for listing my data in their database for one year period.
I asked my wife (a Finn) to tell them I did not make any such deal. They refused to talk with my wife, but called me instead. I told them
that I had not made any deal with them. I told them I would contact consumer protection agency. They said that they could not delete my
data from the database, and that the agency was not concerned about contracts between two companies. While I insisted that I had not
made a deal, then they promised to give me a discount and would charge me only 39.90€.
I was not planning to pay a penny and the talk went on. When I said that I would contact Helsingin Sanomat on this matter, they backed down
and promised to send me a credit note to cancel my "order".
This one I have not received yet.

Next time I should be more careful.
t, masao

Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

Suomen Yritysrekisteri

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Suomen Yritysrekisteri

Post by Upphew » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

masao wrote:When you start your own business and register it at PRH, then you will start to receive phone calls and emails offering all kinds
of services. Some are reasonable and honest and the others are not.
Some are reasonable and honest, but almost all of the services are useless, you don't need them.
masao wrote:The other day I got a call from Suomen Yritysrekisteri. She asked me if I were interested in their service or something like that.
I said yeah. Then she asked me my name, address, and such, and then she wished me a good day.
There was not a word about contract or cost.

Two days later I got a bill from them, charging me 75€ + 17.25€ tax = 92.25€ for listing my data in their database for one year period.
I asked my wife (a Finn) to tell them I did not make any such deal. They refused to talk with my wife, but called me instead. I told them
that I had not made any deal with them. I told them I would contact consumer protection agency. They said that they could not delete my
data from the database, and that the agency was not concerned about contracts between two companies. While I insisted that I had not
made a deal, then they promised to give me a discount and would charge me only 39.90€.
I was not planning to pay a penny and the talk went on. When I said that I would contact Helsingin Sanomat on this matter, they backed down
and promised to send me a credit note to cancel my "order".
This one I have not received yet.

Next time I should be more careful.
t, masao
Hint to all new entrepreneurs: the default answer is "No" if you get sales call. "Are you interested..." "No." "Is this information correct..." "No" "Would you like..." "No!" "Do you have time..." "No"

And as masao said, once you are entrepreneur you are no longer protected under consumer protection act and agencies. Do your deals in writing. And say what you want about Nokia's phones, at least you can record your calls... @#$% android...
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Brent

Post by Brent » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

When someone like that calls you, you have two options to go:

1. Just say "Thank you but I'm not interested! Have a good day!" and hang up the phone.

2. You can always turn the table around. As an entrepreneur, you always have something to sell. Take an advantage of it and practice your selling skill by trying to sell them your services/products. You will most likely fail, but hey how much better training partner can you find for free? ;)

3. The 3rd option to go is only for me... therefore it remains as a secret for now. This option will scares the the heck out of them 100% guaranteed. :)

masao

Post by masao » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,
The third option is quite obvious.
It is, you say, " Hei, I love your voice. You make me fall in love with you. Let's go to bed. Your place or mine?" :shock:

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

Rob A.

Post by Rob A. » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm

As an entrepreneur, I suppose you could always send them an invoice ...a "consulting fee"or a "processing fee".... Just make sure you don't break any laws doing it.... You wouldn't want it to look like fraud if they decided to take you to Court..... :wink:

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 am

masao wrote:Hi,
It is, you say, " Hei, I love your voice. You make me fall in love with you. Let's go to bed. Your place or mine?" :shock:

t, masao
Not sure about that Masao. Most of them are male callers!

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 am

Rob A. wrote:As an entrepreneur, I suppose you could always send them an invoice ...a "consulting fee"or a "processing fee".... Just make sure you don't break any laws doing it.... You wouldn't want it to look like fraud if they decided to take you to Court..... :wink:
This is also a good option but make sure that your company is insured for Legal matters.

masao

Post by masao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Brent wrote:

t, masao
Does it matter??
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm

This should be delivered in a survival manual to every new entrepreneur. Unfortunately, experience may be the only teacher for many...

Some 5 years ago I had my own encounter with yritysrekisteri, I even got a letter from Intrum Justitia. I called the perintö company and asked them to return the bill to “their customer” as it seemed to be a “error invoice” on their part...
If you call yritysrekisteri review the whole experience beforehand so as to keep your feet; don’t let their experienced sales person raise doubts about what you might have or not done and do not accept to pay for their costs: they’ve offered me to pay a small adm. fee, 30 eur, if I recall correctly; at which point I just let out “list lady, I am paying no damn thing” and her tone changed all of a sudden (So it was our sales person error? We are very sorry about that...)

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

It should if you are also a male. :)

Just wondering what your reaction will be if his answer is like "Your place my dear! Today at 9pm sound good to you?" "I'm so exited... I never done this before.. I can't wait to see you!" :))))
masao wrote:
Brent wrote:

t, masao
Does it matter??

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 pm

ajdias wrote:I called the perintö company
Perintä = collection
Perintö = inheritance
;)
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

masao

Post by masao » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi,
Seems like they have been very badly behaving.
Here's another Finnish site.

http://www.yrittajat24.fi/keskustelu_aihe_923.html

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks for the correction, Upphew.

Companies like this and Directa, leave a long trail of complaints. And it's not just scams, per se.
Many other companies target new business specifically at the start, as new entrepreneurs are likely to be a bit more naive and more open to their offers. After they've been burned down by these people or paid a lot of money for an useless ad they are likely to become more sceptical.

ThomasA

Post by ThomasA » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I got around most of these sales calls by responding 'anteeeksi mutta minä en puhu suomea' - surprisingly almost all of those callers did not speak English so the calls ended quite quickly :ochesey:
The most annoying thing about these calls is that they think you would have all the time of the world to listen to them. Hey, I did just start up a company and are kind of busy...you wanna sell me your services? send me a written offer with all the details and terms...yes also an email is fine...but please don't call again...

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:59 pm