The Frozen Pitch

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Estesark

The Frozen Pitch

Post by Estesark » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:39 am

Hi guys,

Sorry to be so blatantly advertising my own blog - if it's against the rules, I apologise and I'll understand if this thread is deleted. If it's not, however, I think a few members here might be interested in it.

It's called Sisu (predictable, I know, but I haven't been able to think of any better names - suggestions welcome!), it's in English, and it focuses on the Finland national team, with some coverage of the Veikkausliiga, Finnish players abroad, and other related subjects. I've been running it for a little over a year, though I didn't update it for a while at the start of this year when there was no international football. As far as I'm aware, it's somewhat unique, in that there's very little dedicated coverage of Finnish football in English available on the net.

The address is sisu.nfshost.com. If you're interested in football, please take a look, and let me know what you think :) All my latest posts are published via RSS and on Twitter, the links for which you can find on my site.

Cheers!

EDIT: The new name for my blog is "The Frozen Pitch" - the new URL is http://www.thefrozenpitch.com/ :)
Last edited by Estesark on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Frozen Pitch

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

j.juuppeli

Re: Sisu football blog

Post by j.juuppeli » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I can't get into your blog... have you closed it?

Estesark

Post by Estesark » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm

It's changed its name, and the new address is http://www.thefrozenpitch.com/, but the above link should still work. Strange if it doesn't.

jahasjahas

Post by jahasjahas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Estesark wrote:the above link should still work. Strange if it doesn't.
Works for me.

oompah18

Re: The Frozen Pitch

Post by oompah18 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 pm

I really enjoyed your write up on last night´s match! Thank you, Kiitos!
Allie the Britmum, "äiti" to 3 boys, 10,9 and 7, & little princess, 4.

Estesark

Post by Estesark » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 pm

No problem! Always happy to receive feedback - of all sorts, though positive feedback is particularly welcome :)

ubungeeek

Post by ubungeeek » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Pretty good blog - It was interesting to read your posts. But may I ask you: why have you chosen such a name "Frozen pitch"?)))

5 Reasons to Get Mobile Phone Signal Booster
Last edited by ubungeeek on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Estesark

Post by Estesark » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 pm

You may certainly ask. I had quite a few name alternatives, and The Frozen Pitch wasn't right at the top of my list of preferences, but crucially it was available as a .com domain. I wanted something that reflects two things: football, and Finland. Now, I know that football is played in the summer here and that the pitches are usually heated anyway, but as most of my audience is not natively Finnish, I felt like I wanted something a little bit stereotypical. A frozen pitch is something that happens every now and then in football, and you'd expect it to happen more often in a cold country like Finland. That's about as much explanation as I can give :)

j.juuppeli

Post by j.juuppeli » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Estesark wrote:It's changed its name, and the new address is http://www.thefrozenpitch.com/, but the above link should still work. Strange if it doesn't.
Hey & thanks! Now it works, maybe it was me who made some mistake... Anyway cool stuff, keep on writing! :thumbsup:
Last edited by j.juuppeli on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evertony

Post by Evertony » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Great blog, must take some effort keeping track of these players and their clubs. Bravo.