Pub Quiz Nights in Helsinki!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
mihribani

Post by mihribani » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Welcome to the weekly live trivia contest held in Kallio, Helsinki EVERY Wednesday at 19.00 p.m.!

Winter is coming, everyone is back to school or work and it is time to turn normal weeknights into an exciting night of team trivia, thinking and surely drinking, right? Let's separate smarties from pants!

This is a great occasion to meet new friends and to pitch your wits against theirs. In case you do not have a specific team,... you can also join one that has less than five heads (if they accept your presence surely :)

The quiz has 4x rounds of 10 questions, 1x table round, 1x music round and 1x beer round (the winner team of the beer round gets a free beer for everyone in the team). After each round, we take a 10 min break for quiz masters to count the points of each team's answer sheet.

Mobile usage (googling questions etc.) is strictly forbidden, if you realize someone is cheating please let us know. Cheaters will not be allowed to join next pub quiz nights.

Participation fee for each: 3€

ABOUT THE LOCATION (UPDATED):

Great news! After posting the event, I got some really helpful feedback and a friend of mine suggested a bar in Kallio which offers a better price for tuoppi (pint) only 3e! Again if you'd like to grab some snacks, the pub offers nachos, popcorn and toast :)

At the end of the night, the money in the hat is counted and the winner team gets %60 of the goods, the second and third gets %20 each. I will be writing down the schedule for quiz masters who would like to prepare questions for the next week's pub quiz, so send me a message if you want to be on the list. Every week two quiz masters will be in charge and we would like you not to share these questions with your friends attending the quiz, there would be no fun otherwise :)

ABOUT HOW TO GET THERE:

Tram 9, Tram 3B and Tram 1/1A (get off at Karhupuisto stop, walking distance 150m)
Bus 64 from the railway station (get off at Haapaniemi stop, walking distance 500m)
Metro stop Sörnäinen (walking distance 700m)
Tram 6 (get off at Haapaniemi stop, walking distance 500m)

More info at: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205768349488590

Hope to see you there! :)
Mihri

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kalmisto

Re: Pub Quiz Nights in Helsinki!

Post by kalmisto » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Would not every THURSDAY or FRIDAY be better than every Wednesday ? Richard Berman arranges his pub quiz in English on the first Wednesday of every month and he has been been doing so a long time now. Helsinki Expat Meetup is also very often held on Wednesdays ( sometimes on Saturdays ) but never on the first Wednesday of the month.

What do you say ?

mihribani

Post by mihribani » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:26 pm

I understand your point but Molly Malone's is a bit pricy for a weekday night out, Thursdays my friends and I attend couchsurfing weekly meetings at Nolla, Fridays are reserved for heavy drinking and I assume people wouldn't be interested in a pub quiz anyway. So every Wednesday seems to be the best option, you may go to Molly's once a month and come to ours three times a month :)

kalmisto

Post by kalmisto » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 pm

So every Wednesday seems to be the best option, you may go to Molly's once a month and come to ours three times a month
Anything wrong with Mondays ? There are 3-4 Helsinki Expat meetups every month and 2 or 3 of them are held on Wednesdays. It is of course perfectly all right with me if you arrange the quiz on Wednesdays but my guess is that many more people would come to your quiz if it was not on a Wednesday. I may be wrong, of course.

mihribani

Post by mihribani » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Right, you've got a point there, so I will talk to my friends and let's see if we can move it to Tuesday or Monday. Thanks for the info :)

kalmisto

Post by kalmisto » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks for the info :)
You are welcome. :)