Filipinos out there!

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
skandagupta

Re: Filipinos out there!

Post by skandagupta » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 pm

magsalita ka sa wika?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

liza

Re: Daughter new in Turku

Post by liza » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 pm

nylome wrote:
Tadpole'sMommy wrote:I have a friend who is filipino. She has a family and I think is in touch with the filipino community in the Helsinki area. I could ask her if there is some contact info that I could pass on to you.

Karen
My daughter will be here for a year and kind of homesick. Can you help her meet with Filipinas in Turku?
hi im liza, filipina 31, i just here in turku a week ago and i dont have any freinds yet, could anyone help me find filipino community here in turku? im working with a finnish family...help me pls....
thank u

liza

Post by liza » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 pm

jcy wrote:welcome to Finland macrg
hi are u still here in turku? i just moved here a week ago? any chanc.. we could meet? need a kababayan freinds, i have living in denmark as au pair. dont know anybody here yet,pls msge me...0465502160
thanks

liza

Re: Daughter new in Turku

Post by liza » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:49 pm

nylome wrote:
Tadpole'sMommy wrote:I have a friend who is filipino. She has a family and I think is in touch with the filipino community in the Helsinki area. I could ask her if there is some contact info that I could pass on to you.

Karen
My daughter will be here for a year and kind of homesick. Can you help her meet with Filipinas in Turku?
please i would like to meet filipinos here in turku....i just moved here from denmark a week ago,dunno anything yet..help...0465502160
tnx

kalmisto

Post by kalmisto » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 pm

...dont know anybody here yet,pls msge me...0465502160...
I suggest that you join the couchsurfing community in Turku ( http://www.couchsurfing.org/ ). It is free of charge, it is very easy to join and there are no obligations of ANY kind for members. That means - among other things - that you do not have to host anybody in your home if you do not want to. See this ! : http://www.couchsurfing.org/about.html/faq

Couchsurfers in Turku have their monthly meetup every first Thursday of the month, next time on April the 7th :
http://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=105357

Registered members can plan events and invite others to join :
http://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=104901
( Scroll down for a list of attendees ! )

The language at the events is English. Perhaps some of the members in Turku are Filipinos.

edwardjay1028

Post by edwardjay1028 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:30 pm

HI! My name is edward, visiting Helsinki for biz trip. Am looking for any Pinoy restaurant around Helsinki. Can you direct me to any locaton in Helsinki? Thanks!

kalmisto

Post by kalmisto » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 pm

edwardjay1028 wrote:HI! My name is edward, visiting Helsinki for biz trip. Am looking for any Pinoy restaurant around Helsinki. Can you direct me to any locaton in Helsinki? Thanks!
Perhaps you could contact the Finnish-Philippine Society in Helsinki and ask them what they would recommend :
http://www.filippiinit-seura.fi/index.html

drifter

Post by drifter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:42 pm

hello, filipina here visting finland for about a month dahil sa trabaho.
So 2nd weekend ko na dito, so far ang napuntahan ko pa lang ay Suomenlinna.
May masasuggest ba kayong ibang place na ok puntahan? Sulit ba sa Linnanmaki :D ?
Sa Espoo ako ngayon at baka pumasyal ng Helsinki bukas. Sana may kababayan na pwede
kaming samahan mamasyal-masyal buaks at makipagkwentuhan :)

Ay tanong nga pala, sadya bang shy o torpe karamihan ng Finnish guys? Kasi may crush ako finn dito, kahit kasama ko
sa office room ang tahimik lang =.= Maliban sa 'hey' na pagbati at 'bye' pag pauwi na sya kelangana ako pa mag-initiate ng conversation...
Haha pano ba malaman kung type ka ng isang Finn?

Hithrow

Post by Hithrow » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 pm

filipinos should rule the world! yeah im only half.. but hey, im proud to have filipino blood!!! :)
Last edited by Hithrow on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cortney458

Post by cortney458 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:22 pm

there are filipinos everywhere in the world. same thing with other nationalities scattered all over the wolrd.
but most number of filipinos are in usa, canada and in the middle east

fargo

Post by fargo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Bonjour! I'm very much interested to know if there are existing Filipino association in Finland. I have searched the internet and found some link and few contact persons of the organization. I tried to email maybe four members of the group but not even one replied. I'm just new to this forum and I really want to be connected with fellow Filipinos out there before my moving this coming July next year. I would love hear from any Filipino residing in Finland who are willing to share their experiences in the country. You can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

miner's daughter,
Fargo

g0dd3ss000

Post by g0dd3ss000 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:27 am

Hi! Sana may makasagot sa kin. Nahanap ako ng work ng bf ko diyan sa finland as cleaner, mag-aaply ako ng residence permit for employment dito sa embassy sa manila. Ano ang chance na ma-approve yun residence permit application ko? kasi di ba marami finn na pwede naman gumawa ng work na in-offer sa kin and how long ang processing ng work permit based sa experience niyo? Sana may makasagot soon. SALAMAT ng marami.

ms_confused

Re:

Post by ms_confused » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:22 am

hello po!
nabasa ko po ung thread mo and im getting interested kasi ung husband mo is finnish din,pwede ba ako mag ask ng advice?.honestly i'm getting confused po if ano ano ung mga needs na papers for him to get married here in philippines.we are recently engaged and planning to get married here in philippines din?and then after the wedding in church/civil we are planning to apply a visa right away..ano po ung visa na dapat ko iapply and what papers needed po.ung wedding is depending on his days of holidays,CNI and divorce papers is the same ba?kailangan ba namin pumunta ng manila embassy to have the sign to inform na he is getting married?.i know after getting the marriage license we have to wait for 10 days posting...he lives din in oulu,and as soon as andun na ako were moving in kempele... I am starting to study their language.
I hope you will read this ASAP,I really badly needed your reply please....please....
Mikaela wrote:
maui wrote:Hello there,

I am in Oulu, 6 months pa lang ako dito. There are some pinays here married to finns.
When are you coming to Finland?
Moi,

Where exactly in Oulu do you live?
My husbands parents live in Rajakylä area. We have visited Finland twice during summer. I'm a Filipino married to a Finnish guy. Where here in Taipei now coz his working here. Were planning to visit Oulu again on February. Can you speck some Finnish language already?

aileen

Post by aileen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 pm

hello all i am filipina i hope to meet a filipina too here to be my friends. i arrived here last january 22, 2012 i am in oulu finland

ms_confused

Re: Finnish Holidays

Post by ms_confused » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:26 am

hello

badly needed your help who are married and already settled in finland I am really confused about things.
I have a finnish Fiancee We are planning to get married Soon here in Philippines probably on May.
My question is what papers He needs to get before coming here,I read some post that he needs to get his
certificate of no impidement and his divorce papers because she is divorce.
after marriage here what I should apply to go to finland? According to my finacee I will apply for permanent
resident..what papers/document needed to apply for a permanent resident aside from marriage certificate?
Can we get my fiancee's certificate of no impedement here in philippines in finnish Embassy in manila because he is really
confused of this CNI and divorce papers?
your help much appreciated.
thanks

boO_fi wrote:
mayumispa wrote:
Are there Pinoys who are married to Finnish Women?

Just Curious :D
Well i'm a pinay married to a Finnish man does that count? :P everything is cool with my family and my Finnish husband...at first they were wondering how come he doesn't speak so much but then when they met his entire family and saw that in the morning they just sat around the dinner table drinking coffee in silence they finally realized that Finns are generally not so chatty people :)

Of course my family are devout Catholics...so they've been getting on my case about when my husband plans on converting to Catholicism (like my sister's husband did). I've told them that I'm not going to force him into anything he doesn't want to do so now she's somewhat stopped bugging me about that.

Otherwise, my family and his family get along great, my husband likes the Filipino food i cook, he finds it funny how a Filipino family works (i.e. like my mom being still apart of my life and giving comments although i'm already an adult) and just in general everything is cool.