Private daycare licence?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Ellah

Private daycare licence?

Post by Ellah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello! Does anyone of you happen to know what it takes to become a private day care person here in Finland? To take children to your house, is it called perhe päivakoti or what? I guess one needs to take some courses, get some licences and have their homes inspected etc.
Any information on this online? Or do you know the rules?

Private daycare licence?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Re: Private daycare licence?

Post by onkko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Yes its perhepäiväkoti and what i understand from law there is not much red tape if you dont want to grow it over 8 childs. Contact your municipalitys "sosiaalilautakunta" or similar and ask them what is needed. In helsinki i would start calling from http://www.hel.fi/hki/sosv/fi/P_iv_hoit ... iantuntija

By law you alone can take care 4 childrens +1 part time including your own childs who arent in school, if you hire someone then its 8 and in special cases if it goes/is allowed to go over 8 you need 3 caretakers and one of them have to have university level degree in socioligy. Thats if i understood correctly.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Ellah

Post by Ellah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

onkko wrote:Yes its perhepäiväkoti and what i understand from law there is not much red tape if you dont want to grow it over 8 childs. Contact your municipalitys "sosiaalilautakunta" or similar and ask them what is needed. In helsinki i would start calling from http://www.hel.fi/hki/sosv/fi/P_iv_hoit ... iantuntija

By law you alone can take care 4 childrens +1 part time including your own childs who arent in school, if you hire someone then its 8 and in special cases if it goes/is allowed to go over 8 you need 3 caretakers and one of them have to have university level degree in socioligy. Thats if i understood correctly.
Thanks for this! 4 is more than fine for me :D So would that be 4 including my 5 month old?

onkko

Post by onkko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Ellah wrote:
onkko wrote:Yes its perhepäiväkoti and what i understand from law there is not much red tape if you dont want to grow it over 8 childs. Contact your municipalitys "sosiaalilautakunta" or similar and ask them what is needed. In helsinki i would start calling from http://www.hel.fi/hki/sosv/fi/P_iv_hoit ... iantuntija

Thanks for this! 4 is more than fine for me :D So would that be 4 including my 5 month old?
Yes. http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1973/19730239

bolded is crudely "in family care there can be up to four childs including caretakers own childrens who arent in school"

8 § (31.5.1990/490)

Perhepäiväkodissa voidaan samanaikaisesti hoitaa enintään neljää lasta mukaan luettuina perhepäivähoitajan omat lapset, jotka eivät vielä ole perusopetuksessa. Lisäksi voidaan hoitaa yhtä perusopetuslain (628/1998) mukaista esiopetusta saavaa lasta, perusopetuksen aloittanutta lasta tai sellaista kunnan järjestämässä osapäivähoidossa olevaa lasta, joka aloittaa perusopetuksen toimintavuotta seuraavana vuonna. (30.3.2000/329)

Sen estämättä, mitä 1 momentissa säädetään, perhepäiväkodissa kaksi hoitajaa voi samanaikaisesti hoitaa enintään kahdeksaa lasta ja lisäksi osapäiväisesti kahta 1 momentin toisessa virkkeessä tarkoitettua lasta. (30.3.2000/329)

Erityisistä syistä ja huomioon ottaen paikalliset olosuhteet kolme hoitajaa voi hoitaa samanaikaisesti enintään kahtatoista lasta.

Kun perhepäiväkodissa hoidetaan samanaikaisesti useampaa lasta kuin 2 momentissa säädetään, tulee yhdellä perhepäivähoitajalla olla vähintään sosiaalihuollon ammatillisen henkilöstön kelpoisuusehdoista annetun asetuksen 5 §:ssä säädetty ammatillinen kelpoisuus. (21.8.1992/806)

Kun perhepäiväkodissa hoidetaan yhtä tai useampaa erityisen hoidon ja kasvatuksen tarpeessa olevaa lasta, tulee tämä ottaa huomioon perhepäiväkodissa samanaikaisesti hoidettavien lasten lukumäärässä, ellei tällaista lasta varten ole erityistä avustajaa.

Mitä tässä pykälässä on säädetty, ei sovelleta kunnan järjestäessä perhepäivähoitoa saman perheen lapsille heidän omassa kodissaan.

Ellah

Post by Ellah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 pm

I wonder though. I have a 4 year old who is in kindergarden from 8-15 (can change it to 16). She is not in School, but would I then have to count her as well in that number and only be able to take 2 others?

Thank you for the info :)

onkko

Post by onkko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Ellah wrote:I wonder though. I have a 4 year old who is in kindergarden from 8-15 (can change it to 16). She is not in School, but would I then have to count her as well in that number and only be able to take 2 others?

Seems so, laws about perusopetus talk about grades 1 to 9. Im not sure tho so you should contact munincipality to make sure.

Ellah

Post by Ellah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:45 pm

onkko wrote:
Ellah wrote:I wonder though. I have a 4 year old who is in kindergarden from 8-15 (can change it to 16). She is not in School, but would I then have to count her as well in that number and only be able to take 2 others?

Seems so, laws about perusopetus talk about grades 1 to 9. Im not sure tho so you should contact munincipality to make sure.
That would seem rather stupid, but well! I will contact them. Thank you again!