Tax on the first month for toiminimi

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
peacez

Post by peacez » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:47 am

Hi all,

I just registered my business on this month, February 1, 2012. For now I am registered for prepayment register and VAT. My questions is on the monthly tax informing system.

I have been on business only 10 days and I haven't generated any income yet. I also don't have any VAT activity to inform. So please clarify the following for me:

1 As there is a deadline on 12th of every month, should I go on and fill zero on VAT online system?

2 What other taxes other than VAT should I inform on the 12th of every month?

3 With the help of a Finnish friend I tried to inform the VAT online. However,after log in, the default month shown on the system was December 2011.
Any explanation for this?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Re: Tax on the first month for toiminimi

Post by onkko » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:09 am

Visit vero office, they are for serve.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 am

VAT from December's business activity is payable in February. So January's VAT is payable in March... and so on.
If your toiminimi is a small one , then I suggest you apply to pay your VAT on a quarterly basis (this is possible if your annual (forecast) income is below a certain amount).

There are some really good courses available to help you get started with business admin and VAT and they are FREE, you can enrol on-line, all you need is your business ID number:

http://www.yrityshelsinki.fi/en

This one would be good for you:

http://www.yrityshelsinki.fi/images/sto ... 4.2012.pdf

I attended the course a couple of years ago, it is a nice place to meet other people who have just started up and exchange ideas. The courses are quite informal so you get an opportunity to ask lots of questions and you get a copy of the lecturer's presentation to take home.
Last edited by Rosamunda on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peacez

Post by peacez » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Penelope, thank you for the links. I will definitely attend the course.