Come on, Do I have to pay to live in a tent aswell? plz!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
strawberry

Post by strawberry » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:04 pm

MinnaRaisanen wrote:
Nathan Lillie wrote:I'd worry more about the mooseflies. The mosquitos are annoying, and I've never seen swarms like they have in Lappland, but the mooseflies are extremely painful. My wife had a run in with one once. They hook into you and try to lay their eggs under the skin. Very painful.
eeeeek! The whole idea of something laying its eggs into my skin creeps me out more than anything.... :?
Yes, my dear, they land, drop their wings, burrow and lay eggggzzzz... :twisted:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:05 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:This thread is absolutely the best thread of the year.
Denisa- be careful not to qualify for a Brisbane Award, chuck!
You know what, Niall mate, I think "she" has already won it!! :wink: :lol:

gavin

Post by gavin » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:59 pm

Yes. I distinctly detect a multiple personality on a single IP :roll:

But as long as we are talking about nasty insects:

I'd strongly recommend 'Bugs, Bites & Bowels" ISBN 1-86011-045-2

It never put me off going anywhere, we are all part of natures cycle after all, but it managed to put me off my lunch a few times.

Excellent read.

Candiru sound particularly nasty...

Denisa84

!!!

Post by Denisa84 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:20 pm

Mai wrote:Was trying to call you to offer a place to your tent on our backyard (and no need to wash in joki you can freely use the garden hose for hygiene purposes) but number seems to be unallocated. :cry:
WELL CALL AGAIN! A HOSE IS BETTER THAN THE JOKI!!! 0422789149 (+614789149) !! LMAO

TrishPaakkonen

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:37 pm

Denise,

On a more serious note, when exactly are you arriving in Finland and how long do you plan to stay? I will be getting back from the states in early June and have ( sorry to phrase it this way)kids your age ( 21,20,17,13 and 2...well she will be 3 in late May). Anyway, I hate seeing you in such a bind as far as a place to stay....so email me and you can stay here some of the time.

Oh, and I saw how you blew up last week online....so Im just asking that you tone it down ( not to be offensive ) if you do stay anytime with us.

Trish Pääkkönen

[email protected]

And by the way, in your posts, you never answered when someone asked: Why Finland?...Im just curious.

Denisa84

Post by Denisa84 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:49 pm

TrishPaakkonen wrote:Denise,

On a more serious note, when exactly are you arriving in Finland and how long do you plan to stay? I will be getting back from the states in early June and have ( sorry to phrase it this way)kids your age ( 21,20,17,13 and 2...well she will be 3 in late May). Anyway, I hate seeing you in such a bind as far as a place to stay....so email me and you can stay here some of the time.

Oh, and I saw how you blew up last week online....so Im just asking that you tone it down ( not to be offensive ) if you do stay anytime with us.

Trish Pääkkönen

[email protected]

And by the way, in your posts, you never answered when someone asked: Why Finland?...Im just curious.

Trish,
Last week I was just mad, I wasnt here to start trouble - I feel as tho this girl is a bit of a drama queen, I mean nobody said she had to read my threads. I mean seriously, how many other people got annoyed by seeing my thread there? She clicked on the subject.

I'm going to be arriving in July.. half way through. This trip has just had so many complications it's not funny. I have said before, I chose Finland becuase I have a picture from an atlas I saw a few months ago, there is something about it, It just seems to be the most beautiful place I have ever seen.It might sound crazy but I cant explain it - i feel like i will always be happy there and ive never even been there before. Plus im looking to escape the people here. If you think I'm bad... omg. I wont speak to anyone like that unless they are rude to me.

~Denisa~

TrishPaakkonen

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Again,email me.

July is a perfect time to visit Finland.Many Finns take off then, so we may be visiting , at some point, my husband's folks summer place in northern Karelia. ( beautiful, rustic setting on a lake, of course) . Good food and good company......but can get somewhat boring if you don't like nature.

As far as that one post I read last week, as someone old enough to be your mom, I would apologize to her. I read the post you are referring to and I think had my 17 or 22 yr old daughters read it, they may have been offended also. BUT, and this is a big BUT,perhaps it is better on this board to just put it simply that you need a place to stay . I think you would get a more positive response .

I know what it is like trying to travel on limited funds...not too much fun. At the same time, I wouldn't want any of my 3 daughters put in the position where they have to advertise ( sometimes in a funny way) for a place to stay.( wife for rent and so forth).

Anyway, I admire your adventurousness.

Trish

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:09 pm

Denisa84 wrote: I wont speak to anyone like that unless they are rude to me.
Flippin' heck - define "rude".... :shock:

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:11 pm

TrishPaakkonen wrote:Anyway, I admire your adventurousness.
And I admire you, Trish... :wink: :lol:

Denisa84

Re: !!!

Post by Denisa84 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:58 am

Denisa84 wrote:
Mai wrote:Was trying to call you to offer a place to your tent on our backyard (and no need to wash in joki you can freely use the garden hose for hygiene purposes) but number seems to be unallocated. :cry:
WELL CALL AGAIN! A HOSE IS BETTER THAN THE JOKI!!! 0422789149 (+614789149) !! LMAO
I didnt think anyone would call :? ....Dan...? lmao