Residency permits revisited: A-status and B-status

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:14 pm

Jessica, methinks you have a B4, as a B3 is a temporary 3-month work permit - "indentured labor".

And yes, the B4 is a "wannabe" residence. the state is pressing you like old aunts in "so when are you going to be gettin married and all..."

So that is basically a piece of toilet paper.

When you apply for a work permit, they will basically make you run through the hoops all over again. And as you are in the country because of a "significant other" ...erm. If I were the nasty nazi I'd toss your application out as you are "predestined" to become an A5, and a work permit = haul ass to USA, and try again...

You are correct in contemplating whether this will happen.

BTW. A marriage in Finland requires no blood tests, just a "freedom paper" from your home jurisdiction, and a visit to the magistrate and signing a document. A divorce in Finland takes a year and involves no lawyers, also a pre - and postyamrital agreements can be made as form letters...

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nehia_qom

Post by nehia_qom » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:26 pm

I really hope that you are wrong Hank. I just looked at my permit and it is a B3. Does that mean I am an illegal? :shock: :shock:

Jessica

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet.
- Mae West

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:56 pm

Well, even if I were somehow attached to the "big brother", I go with this:

http://www.finlex.fi/pdf/sdliite/liite/2759.pdf

Were I drunk when I posted that? ... I could well be off track. Accordingly - if you have a B3 - you're a temporary worker? Ahh, or then its the limbo, but really? :shock:
Cheers, Hank W.

laika

Post by laika » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:10 pm

nehia_qom wrote:To share my experience: I have a B3 status for me B3=no work, no study, no benfits.
When we applied for the residence permit we filled out a form talking about how long we have been dating, how we met, how long we were apart, how we stayed in contact during this time. I'm unsure if the actual investigation happened because we weren't living together for the 2 years.

I don't know if that helps, but that is all I know.
Oh yes, thank you :). Every piece of information is good to me and trying to grasp the big picture and realize what our options are, it's really nice to hear other people's experiences.

cordially,
Laura

laika

Post by laika » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:15 pm

Hank W. wrote:Well, even if I were somehow attached to the "big brother", I go with this:

http://www.finlex.fi/pdf/sdliite/liite/2759.pdf
Many thanks for this link Hank!
That site has given me difficulties in breathing so I'm unable to find anything there.. :roll:

Laura

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:18 pm

It's elementary, dear Lauritson.

(one of the reasons of my obnoxiousity bein tolerated here is the ability to search finlex :mrgreen: )
Cheers, Hank W.

laika

Post by laika » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:25 pm

Hank W. wrote:It's elementary, dear Lauritson.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. sure.. well, then it must be that I have concentrated on higher level things (like love, happiness, birds and bees) for so long that I've forgotten about elementary.. :D

cordially,
Laura

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:43 pm

Yes, well, it is all these Czech boyfriends... (nothing personal if you have one, I just had a maybe-my place or yours - lets call next week - relationship with somebody with a distant other in Prague...)

(So I am boycotting Czech dudes for info - too much competition :mrgreen: ...not )

My problem is:
a) Finnish women are too demanding, blonde, expecting - had one, cost me enough, @#$% you Kati, I've had my share of Finnish women, thaks enough. (all the quirks of a foreign bf are because they are exotic, all the quirks of a Finnish man are because they are a "juntti"...
b) All the finnish guys tend to bring thir gf over and stay with them.
c) Finnish girls that bring over a "souvenier" tend toss them, but thy don't do Finnish men anyhow...
d) any "free, willing&able" foreigners in Finland are young males. They won't let their sisters out and about.
e) even I meet someone they're either vegetarian, religious with urantia or some other funky spiritism, or have an infatuation wiith animals... all that I may be allergic with...
f) Finnish men. like me, have the most suicide rates in the world. AND THEY WONDER WHY?

@#$%, now i understand gays...

... geez, I need to buy a Toyota and go cruising with a wunderbaum dangling before I go more mad that I am...

WHERE ARE ALL THE CHINESE BRAZILIAN BIKER LADIES?

P.S. and when I wrote this I was very very very scorchio...
Last edited by Hank W. on Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.

Sara

Post by Sara » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:51 pm

ahhh Hank, I have some very nice single girlfriends back home. Perhaps I will import one for you. :D

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:55 pm

Essex girls don't count :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.

laika

Post by laika » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:55 pm

There, there Hank. There, there..
:)

And no, no Czech boyfriend here. A-m-e-r-i-c-a-n - very nice American indeed, no tossing needed. :D

cordially,
Laura

Sara

Post by Sara » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:57 pm

Hank W. wrote:Essex girls don't count :mrgreen:
you getting cheeky again? :P :wink:

Nah, I know plenty of nice refined Blackpool girls though 8) Mind you they can be just as bad! :shock:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:59 pm

So the American is so as American not to be able to make his own questions, rather have th Finnish GF do the asking... mmm.. I've gotten into trouble with this path before.

Anyhow, I suggest the "paper trip", do it paperly, nobody else needs to know, ya know?
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:02 pm

Sara wrote:
Hank W. wrote:Essex girls don't count :mrgreen:
you getting cheeky again?
Well, "Musta lampi" is far more acceptable than "Maksa lampi"... Where is then Kidneypool?

:mrgreen: ...next time over with s, you can take me over as you manservant rif-raf (of the RHPS fame) :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.

Sara

Post by Sara » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:05 pm

Hank W. wrote:
:mrgreen: ...next time over with s, you can take me over as you manservant rif-raf (of the RHPS fame) :mrgreen:
ummm a manservant eh! :D I like the sound of that!

BTW, youve now got more hair than me! :cry: