Like minded foodies and coconut question....

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Pursuivant

Re: Like minded foodies and coconut question....

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Salmoriaty wrote: Secondly, I just can't be bothered speaking to someone who is patriotic.
Sorry, I cannot be bothered to speaking with someone who has no respect for their own country.
If you question multiculturaism then, I son't want anything to do with you.
You think someone in their right mind wants to have anything to do with multiculturalists? You probably poison the food too.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Salmoriaty wrote:Also even if I dont critisize, they are so insecure about their culture that they see it as a threat.
You described the stereotypical Finnish attitude.
Salmoriaty wrote:If you question multiculturaism then, I son't want anything to do with you.
If you don't question things, you are a moron. Or religious nutjob. As many multiculturalists seem to be. All hail his noodly appendages!
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Let me rephrase and first i want to answer you "multiculturalist" idiocy.
I wont ever support ideology where cultures are equal, ever. And according what you talk you dont either.

And your idiotic rant about that "here is no food culture".
I grew up my food when i were a kid, from hay to beef, from seed to carrot etc. That was exactly what my granparents and parents teached to me, plan what you do.
And first time i tasted commercial juice in home, im lactose intolerant so i cant dring milk, i were late teens. I dont count those little 0,33l bottles of lemonade what we could get in saturdays, candydays.
I have eaten most of game birds, you know ones who fly freely and you hunt those? and deer and reindeer what well isnt wild animal. I have eaten all possible fishes what you can fish and all possible berries you can pick.
I have eaten potatoes who now have "Protected Designation of Origin by EU" when EU wasnt even near and our family had grew those ages and i have been in farm before "natural" was cool, and all was natural. We had our own field + field in my granmas place. One of my memories from granmas place is when in harvest time she gave us slices of lanttu and that was good, lanttu grown up in our own field.
I have picked carrots, potatoes and onions directly from field for to meal before it was cool.
I never, i repeat, never! saw any commercial white bread or any kind of coffee buns in my home. All home made.

Then you come to tell me that we dont have food culture, we have survived 10,000 years in here with our food culture and if you dont like it then its your problem. We do have diverse and good food culture. Its culture of survival and fits well to finnish mentality and way of life, we havent had luxyry to be picky.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

LadyInTheSky

Post by LadyInTheSky » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Onkko - you definately come into your own with that reply - poetic and beautiful and all that is great about Finnish eating. Keep writing about food and your childhood memories.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Questioning: Why did chicken cross road?
Answering: I have not seen chicken since I was very young, on my parents' farm. This is before the Cossacks slaughtered them. I can still hear screams of sister as soldiers rape her. But back to question, where did you see chicken? I am very, very hungry.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

sammy.vu

Post by sammy.vu » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Salmoriaty,
My name is Sammy Vu, a Vietnamese student in Finland. I have been staying in Finland for nearly a year. I get interest in your topic because somehow I can consider myself "a foodie". I love cooking, every cuisine, however, my specialty is Asian food. It's nice to know you :D. Let's contact and share our thoughts about food
My FB page: Sammy Vu
Mail: [email protected]

aamm

Post by aamm » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 am

salmoriarty,
iäm feelin your pain. moved here a few years ago from a rich mexican food culture to this dry rye bread place. but there is hope here, lots of foodies ya just got to findthem. lots of stuff you didnt think you could find here can be found in an area called hakaniemi. and there is even an event for you to show off your skills called restaurant day and is held at least 3x a year.
the new generation of finns are really into exploring everything culinary, hence the chili festival i just went to in tampere. my friends and i cook for each other quite often and i really dig exchanging authentic recipes. gimme a message if you end up comin out this way.