Found a new low in "pizzerias"

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
mccovey

Post by mccovey » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Tried a place in Erottaja, Helsinki: Il Camello (Korkeavuorrenkatu). Supposedly you pay 5€ for a pizza with 2 toppings. First game was to try for 6€ until I asked about the sign in front and the menu. Went with a child. So asked for a small plate for the child. "We only give one plate." Wanted to wash our hands. 1€ - maybe even per person. Didn't bother to ask what water cost.

Grungy dirt at radiator in front window, etc.

Why do these places cry how difficult it is to stay in business?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: Found a new low in "pizzerias"

Post by 007 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 pm

mccovey wrote:Tried a place in Erottaja, Helsinki: Il Camello (Korkeavuorrenkatu). Supposedly you pay 5€ for a pizza with 2 toppings. First game was to try for 6€ until I asked about the sign in front and the menu. Went with a child. So asked for a small plate for the child. "We only give one plate." Wanted to wash our hands. 1€ - maybe even per person. Didn't bother to ask what water cost.

Grungy dirt at radiator in front window, etc.

Why do these places cry how difficult it is to stay in business?
Just thinking... might it be that they were asking 1€ for WC because you were not a customer at that time? Or was it after you had bought the pizza.....?
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

mccovey

Post by mccovey » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Had already ordered the pizza and paid for it - there was a huge sign on the WC door saying 1€ - customer or not - and it was actually the 7 year old that drew my attention to it - as she herself was surprised.

CarmenfromTexas

Post by CarmenfromTexas » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 pm

mccovey wrote:Had already ordered the pizza and paid for it - there was a huge sign on the WC door saying 1€ - customer or not - and it was actually the 7 year old that drew my attention to it - as she herself was surprised.
I suppose pissing on the radiator is free. Any bets on how long this place will last?
Eat the chicken and spit out the bones

mccovey

Post by mccovey » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Any bets on how long this place will last?
Anyone's guess - it's amazing how the worst places often manage to survive.