Warning for people living in/near Turku

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kungfu24

Re: Warning for people living in/near Turku

Post by kungfu24 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Pursuivant
If you act like a human being, you get treated like a human being. if you act like a jew, black african, gypsy or a lady, you get treated as such.
I feel sorry for you and also for those who need to deal with you in everyday life. I hope and I believe that majority of Finns don't think like you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 pm

I don't feel sorry for your kind.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

southwestx2

Post by southwestx2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

Anyone know how far out from the cities this is going on? Just wondering if I need to add some extra security to our place while it is empty,
although our neighbours are brilliant at keeping an eye on it for us.

snorlonikins

Post by snorlonikins » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 pm

southwestx2 wrote:Anyone know how far out from the cities this is going on? Just wondering if I need to add some extra security to our place while it is empty,
although our neighbours are brilliant at keeping an eye on it for us.
Apparently it has been reported in the Vihti paper as happening here and we are now reviewing our home security. As far as the cities go I believe that CarmenfromTexas is right in saying that they're organised. I lived in a semi rural situation in England and whenever the gypsies/travellers made an appearance in the area the crime rate rose. Whether they were responsible or other criminals took advantage of their presence, is hard to say.

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, with our American friends helping so dilligently in sorting out the Roma communities in Europe, I'm sure there will be fewer and fewer problems........

http://slovakiamissionstrip.blogspot.co ... lt?alt=rss

and do Google Lunik 9....................

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm

.....and I'd have given anything to see the Montana Mission helping their "Roma brothers in Christ" pour the concrete, probably nicked concrete, along with nicked copper wiring, nicked alu roof sheeting etc.............. for their "church"...................priceless

CarmenfromTexas

Post by CarmenfromTexas » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:30 pm

ywetka wrote:of course it's not problem of Finland, but that's why they should really take care about who they let in their country. Because trust me, we tried everything in Slovakia, and the problem is that also gypsies don't respect other Slovakians. Of course they are the same citizens as me, but I paid taxes all my life and I try to be a good law abiding citizen. I deal with them with respect, however they don't treat me (or other non-gypsies) in such way. They usually want something from me (money) and when I refuse, they curse me and spit on me... is it normal?? Politicians here are so afraid of being called racists that they rather chose to be blind and forgive them almost everything, while supporting them with free money and debt forgivings - I call this a discrimination against non-gypsies people, I don't know how to call that otherwise. I know you try to see non-gypsies as the root of problem, but you probably don't know the situation from first hand, because you've never lived in such country (I'm sorry if I'm wrong)... we suffer a lot, it's not easy. In fact it's so hard that I really consider to move from Slovakia - but don't worry, not to Finland ;-). I hate seeing all my tax money going to the big black hole, simple as that, I tried all I could...
Thank you Ywetka. Believe me your warnings on a criminal subculture does not go unheeded. There will always be con artists but none quit as organized as those connected by intermarriage and family ties. I don't want you to think your warnings are falling on deaf ears. It's not the case. Some people need to reinvent the wheel to understand it but such is life.
I don't know any Finnish gypsies and Finns don't seem to worry about them these days. When I first came to Finland I was fascinated by the ladies' beautiful clothes and long hair but now I am used to it. Only once had some Finnish gypsy ladies robbed my anoopi (mother-in-law). They needed a cell phone and she was too much in a hurry to lend it. So they gathered very close to her and stole it, they took out the memory card and put it in their phone. My anoopi tried to get it back but they pretended it wasn't them. It magically disappeared within the last 10 seconds. This happened on the entrance to the metro station and ended up on the train. I felt so badly for my anoopi because it made her cry in frustration. She is in her 70's.
Another interesting subculture of criminal activity is some of the old time motorcycle clubs. Kathy Reichs, author of the character Bones in books and the TV show studied up on them. They are extremely organized. They get their women to work in Govt agencies (especially as clerks in police stations) to give them a heads up on any trouble, or to phone homes to find out when families are usually not home so they can break into the house. They are involved in theft, drug sells, and prostitution.
They are motorcycle clubs such as Hells Angels or Banditos. I'm not talking about the motorcycle clubs made up of weekend warriors who are accountants and IT professionals on the weekdays. :lol: Interesting story about the Helsinki Banditos. They could not get past an associate membership to the Banditos. After a bazooka was shot through the Helsinki Hells Angels club they immediately got their charter membership with the Banditos. Pretty cool story. You can google it. Of course they were completely innocent of the act. :shock:

I hope one day for a Utopian world where people can feel confident when I am rude to them, it is because of something personal. It's not their looks, religion, height, weight, etc. It's them who are tap dancing on my last nerve

Best Wishes :D .
Eat the chicken and spit out the bones

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

What makes you think that band ever intended merely to borrow the cell phone in the first place?

The sad thing is that unlike, say, Britain or France or the U.S., there really was a time in the not very distant past when the only significant amount of organized or institutionalized criminality in Finland (or Sweden, a decade or two further back) took place in corporate boardrooms and higher government echelons. And those deals were considered the Finnish way, and if outsiders didn't understand that, they just didn't understand the reality of Finnish exceptionalism.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

CarmenfromTexas

Post by CarmenfromTexas » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 am

AldenG wrote:What makes you think that band ever intended merely to borrow the cell phone in the first place?

The sad thing is that unlike, say, Britain or France or the U.S., there really was a time in the not very distant past when the only significant amount of organized or institutionalized criminality in Finland (or Sweden, a decade or two further back) took place in corporate boardrooms and higher government echelons. And those deals were considered the Finnish way, and if outsiders didn't understand that, they just didn't understand the reality of Finnish exceptionalism.
Sorry for trying to be competitive but oh boy does the USA have our share of corporate and political weasels. Some things are universal, both the bad and good. It's how we deal with it that can make us exceptional or business as usual. <-----Hallmark card moment. :lol:

It all worked out in the end. The women had the pleasure of making a phone call and frightening an elderly lady and my anoopi finally upgraded to a cell phone that didn't look like an old blue nokia brick.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 am

CarmenfromTexas wrote:Sorry for trying to be competitive but oh boy does the USA have our share of corporate and political weasels. Some things are universal, both the bad and good.
No quarrel from me on that.

I meant only that in the recent past, Finland (and Sweden in the almost recent past) were almost free of mafia activity and highly effective organized crime as it is traditionally understood. The other countries I mentioned have had those for well over a century.

Now organized crime is fully rooted in Sweden and gaining roots in Finland, too. I'm not sure when it began emerging in earnest in Sweden but I think that in Finland, it didn't predate by much the dissolution of the USSR.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

CarmenfromTexas

Post by CarmenfromTexas » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm

AldenG wrote:Now organized crime is fully rooted in Sweden and gaining roots in Finland, too. I'm not sure when it began emerging in earnest in Sweden but I think that in Finland, it didn't predate by much the dissolution of the USSR.
That's very bad news to hear. It's sad to loose that innocence.

Benjamin_Leung

Post by Benjamin_Leung » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Allowing ppl of other countries to enter Finland freely is not a reasonable practice.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Benjamin_Leung wrote:Allowing ppl of other countries to enter Finland freely is not a reasonable practice.
Somebody thought so as they ratified the Schengen Agreement.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

atas

Post by atas » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Upphew wrote:
Benjamin_Leung wrote:Allowing ppl of other countries to enter Finland freely is not a reasonable practice.
Somebody thought so as they ratified the Schengen Agreement.
Schengen is about border control not the actual allowing of entering. I am still allowed to enter the US even if I have to show a passport.