going back to finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
zedkoman

going back to finland

Post by zedkoman » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:45 pm

hi everyone-

I first came to finland in nov 2001 for family reunification purposes. my father is married to a finn and he sponsored me to come over to haukipudas(oulun seutu) where he was living at the time to join him. At the time i was a minor of 17. For a year and a half, we struggled with the ulkomaalaisvirasto to get me to stay but in the end i was rejected :evil: :cry: and deported to come back to the usa. I got a deportation order and a decision to deny a permit. I appealed both, but the deportation was turned down but the decision from the uvi continues in an appeals limbo. I am working now, but I hope to return to Suomi in September 2004 to study. What kind of visa should I apply for? I had a girlfriend in espoo but it was never so serious to consider marriage, but now that i am back here, I regret having wasted so much time and not really thinking about my options. I was also accepted to several schools. I know that Finland is my future. Suomi on minun tulevaisuus. Anyway, should i apply for a student permit or a regular a residence permit?

going back to finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:21 am

Well, I guess the student permit is the easier one to get. For a regular residence you'd need to have a job here - and without knowing the lingo... errm. Then as you already have family here setting up life is a bit more easier than for your regular john doe.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

zedkoman

Ma puhun (vahan ja huono) suomea!

Post by zedkoman » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:29 am

For a regular residence you'd need to have a job here - and without knowing the lingo... errm
herra m-

Asuin Suomessa 1 vuosi ja 6 kuukautta. Minun ensimainen tyopaikka oli vantaalla. Se oli (?) ravintolassa koivukylassa. Nyt, olen usa:ssa mutta olen hyvin surullinen koska jenkkilaiset eivat puhu suomea. Milloin olin Suomessa, oli koditon ja koyha. :cry:

ma tiedan tuo mun suomen kieli on huono, mutta se on maahanmuttaja kieli, ja minun ensimmainen kieli koulu oli eiran aikuislukio eirassa.

ma haluan menna takaisin suomeen koska mulla ei ole elama usa:ssa. tiedatko? :twisted:

I know my written Finnish is awful, but I really struggled to learn the amount that I know, so I would like to mostly go back to get the language down completely. After my first year in Finland can I change my student b2 status to some a-level if I get a solid job offer? (I had a *solid* job offer doing commisioned sales work in a kaisaniemi DNA kiosk, but the uvi didnt give a rats ass, they wanted me outta the country.) :)