ok im american

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
shellynyc

ok im american

Post by shellynyc » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:25 pm

so through my research i found i need to obtain a job first before i can get the working visa. So i am trying to research american companies in helsinki and i cant seem to find any. Does anyone know any that way i can apply striaght to the company and try to get hired by them.
thanks for your help
nyc

ok im american

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:55 am

Why would be the incentives for an American company operating in Finland to hire an American?

Apart from they have to make the same petitions to the Ministry of Labour to hire a non-EU citizen and prove they have some asset not found here etc. as red tape goes.

Basically, you need to find some company needing your talent, which is not readily available here.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

shellynyc

Post by shellynyc » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:13 pm

my skills are as followed i have my B.A in communiation and a concentaration in Bus. managment. I am thinking about gettting the CELTA certifcate which is a certificate to teach english internationally. I am an american citizen and israeli citizen. I am moving to helsinki and need to make some sort of money. If i place an ad in the paper that i am a personal english tutor while i am there do you think this could be a problem as i look for a better job just to make some money? what do you think i should do?