Asian food stores & Sushi within Turku?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
madamekira

Post by madamekira » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Greetings all,

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I was hoping someone could direct me to the names of any Asian food stores or specialty shops where I might be able to find sauces, ingredients, and other sorts of exotic foods (like natto, for example?) I browsed some older posts on this forum, but didn't see anything specifically for the Turku/Raisio general area.. Most everything I saw was in Helsinki and those areas. Also, if there are any *online* shops or stores that sell such, that would be great, too!

Also, my second question would be.. Is there anywhere to find quality sushi within the same area? I can prepare it at home if necessary, but I'd rather go to a restaurant and have it if such a thing exists here. :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ssjohnson

Re: Asian food stores & Sushi within Turku?

Post by ssjohnson » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 am

A friend told me about a sushi restaurant, but I haven't been able to go yet (hoping to get to Turku this weekend). She said the veggie sushi was good, her husband said the fish was hit or miss - some was good, some only okay, but he said he'd go back. Here's the link she gave me:
http://www.hankosushi.fi/uusi-menu

misu

Post by misu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

Unfortunately Turku doesn't have much ethnic specialty grocery stores....China Market on Brahenkatu is probably your best bet and is the only Asian market I'm aware of.

Edit: As for sushi, Kado Sushi in kauppahalli looked pretty good quality.

madamekira

Post by madamekira » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for the replies! Will try out ChinaMarket soon and see what we can find, and sushi as well next time we go out to eat!