Where can I get Captain crunch breakfast cereal?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
FinlandEr194

Post by FinlandEr194 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:28 am

Hi

Does anyone know a place where I can get american breakfast cereal such as captain crunch,cookie crisp,reeses puffs etc?

I looked in Behnfords in Helsinki but didnt find anything except lucky churms which I dont like

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

CH

Re: Where can I get Captain crunch breakfast cereal?

Post by CH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 am

Citymarkets (and bigger K-markets) have a US-shelf somewhere, that I think has (someitimes) had Captain Crunch. But I'm not 100% sure, and the selection varies from time to time.

jas_rho

Post by jas_rho » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am

I haven't seen any of those in Finland. Try eBay and order it here.

kiwijim

Post by kiwijim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

You can order them on Amazon UK, and you can bring it into the country without problems as its within the EU. Munch munch away :-)
Image Image

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 am

We don't have any here but for a good variety try some cereals at Lidl. I love "honey balls" minus the horrible name lol!

LaurenHelsinki

Post by LaurenHelsinki » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

The K Market in Kamppi has Cookie Crisp for 7 or 8 euros per box. But it's on the American section shelf-- not the normal cereal aisle. Haven't seen Captain Crunch anywhere but let me know if you find it!

Aim2thecdock

Post by Aim2thecdock » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I have seen captain crunch at Behnfords once -a while ago. Your best chance at finding American cereal is either Behnfords, Kampii K-market, or Jumbo's CityMarket. I was recently at Jumbo and found a lot of American products. The price isn't reasonable but, if you really want it... you'll give in :) :ochesey:

madamekira

Post by madamekira » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm

I have not yet found any Cap'n Crunch here, but I imagine if I do it will be pricey as all hell. Back where I lived in the US, I could get a small 8 serving box for just 1 dollar. Do you have someone that could maybe mail you some once a month or so? I plan to have my mother do that for me when I can..

FinlandEr194

Post by FinlandEr194 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone but unfortunatly I didnt manage to find any capn crunch anywhere and buying it online seems pretty money wasteful to me :(
But the good news are that recently cookie crisp came to Finland just in the nick of time and u can find it at any local store near your house :)

misu

Post by misu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm

FinlandEr194 wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone but unfortunatly I didnt manage to find any capn crunch anywhere and buying it online seems pretty money wasteful to me :(
But the good news are that recently cookie crisp came to Finland just in the nick of time and u can find it at any local store near your house :)
Does it taste the same as the US kind? Once I made the mistake of buying Froot Loops here, expecting it to taste the same..I mean, it's the same brand, the same mascot, the same appearance, etc. so it should taste the same, no? Bleghh, tasted nothing like the US version. Same thing with Pez...tastes really different, not as good, as the US kind. It's all bland and Euro-fied or something. Maybe it's the lack of weird artificial additives and colorings?

madamekira

Post by madamekira » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 am

FinlandEr194 wrote:...But the good news are that recently cookie crisp came to Finland just in the nick of time and u can find it at any local store near your house :)
I have yet to see any in my area so far, so if I may inquire, what stores around you carry the Cookie Crisp?