Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
sparklegemini
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by sparklegemini » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 am

yes, I then stopped calling him because of scareness. I am not a finnish so I.am fraid of the legal here.
I just wonder why nordea netbank couldn't charge back the money. they told me tht if I used credit card to make payment, it is possible. the point here is using netbank, I made a seft service and nothing can be charged back to my acc.
really upset about that



Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by rinso » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:47 am

yes, I then stopped calling him because of scareness. I am not a finnish so I.am fraid of the legal here.
So he won.


Oberon
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Oberon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:18 pm

It has been several years since I registered on this forum and I see that some people still keep being as useless when it comes to advise as they were back then.
Pursuivant wrote:As my father said: "you need to pay for your tuition".

If it was a too good deal, it probably wasn't.
Mistakes happen, but mail gets sent back...
If you paid on account beforehand, you paid... "trust" is something you learn. (and pay for the education)
police will give you warm hand and understanding, after 2-3 years you will get summons to court you have to go to, but nobody else does

Very informative, very helpful. :wink:


burak25
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by burak25 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 pm

sparklegemini wrote:I just wonder why nordea netbank couldn't charge back the money. they told me tht if I used credit card to make payment, it is possible. the point here is using netbank, I made a seft service and nothing can be charged back to my acc.
really upset about that
It is because it's something VISA (and maybe MASTER CARD too) arranges. They have agreements for charge back. Legally any bank in the world using Visa, has to charge back the money, in required cases.
It does not work with bank transfers.

But yeah Finnish online sale sites are so outdated and old technology. It is a shame on a country with very high IT skills.


User avatar
Pursuivant
Posts: 15094
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am
Location: Bath & Wells

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:07 am

So what would you tell that would "help" exactly? My advice is - don't be stupid, but it doesn't help after the fact. Might as well take a positive spin its education and make sure the lesson is learnt.

What "help" can you give as the fact remains they will never get to see their money? The police will say 'voi voi' and pat their little head sympathetically, like the court does with the perp, years on after the fact.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."


Oberon
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Oberon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Pursuivant wrote:So what would you tell that would "help" exactly? My advice is - don't be stupid, but it doesn't help after the fact. Might as well take a positive spin its education and make sure the lesson is learnt.

What "help" can you give as the fact remains they will never get to see their money? The police will say 'voi voi' and pat their little head sympathetically, like the court does with the perp, years on after the fact.
Ok since you keep calling it stupidity what part of the problem was caused by client's stupidity and what do you usually do in such cases (i mean when you buy something from huuto e.g.). I have bought plenty of second hand audio equipment from various parts of Finland through one website, not knowing sellers address or surname. Never had any problem. Here good sense of judgement is you can usually go to sites like huuto.net and buy stuff without worrying too much whether it is fraud or scam or whatever.

If you can't advise anything helpful why should you be ironical/sarcastic? Do you think anyone needs your explanation what lesson should be learned from his/her own mistake? Your post does not do anything but annoy people. That's why it is useless.


User avatar
Pursuivant
Posts: 15094
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am
Location: Bath & Wells

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Well I don't go proclaiming my stupidity in public. Unless of course I want to provide entertainment to the masses. Or then I do not realise I have been an idiot. When it is helpful someone points it out to me if I am too stupid to realise it myself, so I don't continue getting ripped off.

Besides which, even if everything seemed legit, and you weren't being stupid, and still got suckered, the "lesson you learn" is how the system works - or rather how it doesn't. You still won't see your money back.

And by "legit" I don't mean buying dogs, horses or boyfriends online http://m.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2013101717619809_uu.shtml
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."


rockfall
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by rockfall » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

Please beware of this company Nordic Machinery represented by a person name Arnold Hendricks. They are a fraud. I have transferred 30,800 Euros to him from Qatar for buying an excavator from him and he didnt send me the machine, kept me delaying for 5 months and now he is not answering his cell and I lost my money because of him.

They are very professional crooks. They have send me a fake B/L so I can send the the remaining 60% of the amount but after I verified I found out that it was fake. There website is nordic-machinery.eu

regards,

Rockfall


Oberon
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Oberon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Well I don't go proclaiming my stupidity in public. Unless of course I want to provide entertainment to the masses. Or then I do not realise I have been an idiot. When it is helpful someone points it out to me if I am too stupid to realise it myself, so I don't continue getting ripped off.

Besides which, even if everything seemed legit, and you weren't being stupid, and still got suckered, the "lesson you learn" is how the system works - or rather how it doesn't. You still won't see your money back.

And by "legit" I don't mean buying dogs, horses or boyfriends online http://m.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2013101717619809_uu.shtml

No that won't be right you can't generalize one experience and draw conclusions on the system. It is just a bad luck sometimes. From all the sales that happens on huuto how many of such cases appear? not much I would guess. Now if the probability of me getting ripped off is extremely small I can assume that I won't be, and avoid paranoical security checks on every single purchase. Just like in any other situation. If your bike gets stolen from outside a shop, can I call you stupid because you did not have it securely enough stored? I would not.

Of course I'm talking about cases when everything seems legit. Not about ones like one of the guys in your provided link who was paying taxes of unseen 2mln prize. :D


naytive
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by naytive » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:22 pm

I found this thread by googling for Tia Qvick, and wanted to follow up here. I too was defrauded by this individual -- I thought I was buying an used iPhone 4 from tori.fi (or was it Keltaiset Sivut?) but when the goods didn't arrive, I started googling the name I found for the recipient's bank account on my bank statement, and realized I had been scammed.

I called my bank about it (Nordea) and they said they could not give me my money back unless they were instructed by a court of law, and urged me to file a police report, so I did. I guess this would have been around September, October 2013.

During the months that passed, I received requests for additional information from the police maybe once or twice, but now finally, in the mail this Friday, I have been summoned to a court hearing in Hyvinkää on March 31st, 2015. The letter contains a long list of co-plaintiffs -- in all, we are 52 victims. I guess there may be many more, which is the reason I'm posting this here.

The case number is R 14/1133 in case you want to contact Hyvinkään käräjäoikeus about it. Their phone number is 029-564 7750.


AldenG
Posts: 3333
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by AldenG » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 am

And the thing is, Nordea could with a court order transfer money back from an account containing money, but of course they won't give you their own money. You all will get your monetary court judgment but it is unlikely the criminal will have any assets (anywhere, not just in that account) from which to collect it. Still, in your shoes I would follow through as far as possible.

There might in the end be a house or some land that could be sold to pay you. Sometimes there is. And once the court comes down on the crook, it's out of his hands. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to sell things, it will be done by the authorities.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.


User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:27 am

AldenG wrote:And the thing is, Nordea could with a court order transfer money back from an account containing money, but of course they won't give you their own money. You all will get your monetary court judgment but it is unlikely the criminal will have any assets (anywhere, not just in that account) from which to collect it. Still, in your shoes I would follow through as far as possible.

There might in the end be a house or some land that could be sold to pay you. Sometimes there is. And once the court comes down on the crook, it's out of his hands. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to sell things, it will be done by the authorities.
More likely drug/alcohol addict with nothing, 6e guys. So even after court you probably can kiss your money goodbye.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


caster
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by caster » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:51 am

rockfall wrote:Hi guys,

Please beware of this company Nordic Machinery represented by a person name Arnold Hendricks. They are a fraud. I have transferred 30,800 Euros to him from Qatar for buying an excavator from him and he didnt send me the machine, kept me delaying for 5 months and now he is not answering his cell and I lost my money because of him.

They are very professional crooks. They have send me a fake B/L so I can send the the remaining 60% of the amount but after I verified I found out that it was fake. There website is nordic-machinery.eu

regards,

Rockfall

You must be a sheikh wearing golden Rado and a 24K yellow gold necklace - try to buy some wisdom from the money left in your pocket (wisdom is also available online and come in many different forms - don't get ripped off this time). The people you dealing with, whom you paid the advance did not acted smart - it is you who acted this way. Stop the rocks falling on your head ;)
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. I'm gonna grant him all my old underwears that fit his head helping his nose stays in place


tkt234
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Another huuto.net scammer => scammerseppopajula.blogspot.com.ee


naytive
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by naytive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:46 pm

I thought I'd follow up here on what happened with Tia Qvick. She was sentenced to jail around a year and a half ago on a large amount of fraud charges (over 100 I think) but appealed to the Hovioikeus in Helsinki, where however the verdict was not changed. Her lawyer further appealed to the Supreme Court for permission to retry, but of course it was denied (there is absolutely no reason the Supreme Court would hear a trivial case like this), and so the sentence is now effective.

I called up the Hovioikeus, and was instructed to contact my local Ulosottovirasto (enforcement office) with the sentence, in original (which I had received in the mail) and a proof from the Supreme Court that they had denied appeal (which I had to request separately, but received by mail quickly) and now I am one in the probably very long queue of creditors who are hoping to receive their money back, with interest, one day.

(The enforcement office wanted to keep the papers, but I will allegedly get them back eventually.)

The wheels of justice turn very slowly. The incident happened in 2013, the trial was in 2015, the final verdict came in 2016, and I was slow too so now I will probably have to wait several years before I get my money back, assuming of course somewhat optimistically that the scammer gets her life back on track when she is released.


Post Reply