Drunk Driving

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Honest

Drunk Driving

Post by Honest » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm

A driver gets 2 years and 2 months in prison for killing one girl and injuring another one in a drunk driving accident

http://yle.fi/uutiset/citizens_initiati ... nt/7065321

I think drunk driving (at least) inside a town/city should be treated as an attempted murder and a killing should be considered a murder.

What's your opinion about it?

Drunk Driving

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Drunk Driving

Post by Rip » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:26 pm

And she will actually sit less than a year.

"Murder" though would not really fit the rest of legislation and established court reasoning. If the driver had suddenly felt irritated by the girl, stopped the car and hit a knife though her heart it probably still would have been only a "manslaughter".
Last edited by Rip on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oho

Post by Oho » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Finnish legislation does not recognize felony murder, perhaps it should.

Honest

Post by Honest » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 pm

@Rip
Yeah, you are right but my point is related to amount of punishment not the legal definition of murder. When they want to punish they will invent some suitable term/law.

Honest

Post by Honest » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 am

roger_roger wrote: Due to one person's enjoyment others have to suffer. This is very horrific for the parents who lost their child. The most horrific would be the one who survived and saw her friend/sister die in front of her. That scence will hunt her throughtout her life.
So what kind of punishment would you like to see for this kind of horrific crime?

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 am

roger_roger wrote:
Honest wrote:So what kind of punishment would you like to see for this kind of horrific crime?
7 years minimum Jailtime
If you mean actual time IN jail, that is more than you get four manslaughter.
- which does not mean you couldn't do it, but not reasonably without changing a few other things in the penal code as well.

edward137

Post by edward137 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Honest wrote:A driver gets 2 years and 2 months in prison for killing one girl and injuring another one in a Dwi classes in texas driving accident

I think drunk driving (at least) inside a town/city should be treated as an attempted murder and a killing should be considered a murder.

What's your opinion about it?
Hi,
I like if they cancel his licence and threw him jail for his entire life.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:49 pm

I guess some of the punishments for these kind of offences are a bit low considered that for downloading some movie you will be able to get 10 years in UK, and about the same (±2 years) as this drunk driver when you operate the Piratebay in Sweden.

I guess this problem is everywhere in every country in EU. The whole problem can indeed be easily addressed by making drunk driving a capital offence, punishable by 2 years, zero tolerance (no alcohol at all in the blood, instead of a limit). Killing someone while intoxicated? 5 years without probation :evil: .

For that same reason, the same punishments for using your phone behind the wheel, (which is the same dangerous).

just my two pennia 8)
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

ava10

Post by ava10 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Honest wrote:A driver gets 2 years and 2 months in prison for killing one girl and injuring another one in a drunk driving accident

What's your opinion about Texas dwi classes?
Hello
According to the Finnish criminal law, the driver of a motor vehicle commits a drunk-driving offence if their blood alcohol level during or immediately after driving is a minimum 0.5 per mille, or if a breath test shows a minimum of 0.22 mg of alcohol per liter of exhaled air.