looking for climbing buddy

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
zso.h

Post by zso.h » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi,

I am planning to take up climbing. I have been with my work colleagues once in kiipeilyareena in Salmisaari to try it out and it was challenging and out of my comfort zone, not to mention that it works your upper body which is what I desperately need, so I decided I want to start doing it regularly.

I looked into the beginner training options, where they teach you the basics. I found one in Salmisaari kiipeilyareena that costs 105 euros/person and it includes 3 hours of raining + one month of unlimited pass with loaned gear included. They conduct them in English if requested. More info in Finnish here:

http://www.kiipeilyareena.com/alkeiskurssit/

Now I could sign up for this course alone, but the thing is that you need a partner when climbing. When you climb the wall, someone is belaying, i.e. holding the rope for you and you take turns. So the training would be fine but then I would like to take advantage of that month of unlimited access and for that, I need a partner.

Would someone be interested in signing up for it with me? If things go well, we can be long term climbing buddies too. For me the Salmisaari kiipeilyareena works best, because I work in Lauttasaari and I can go after work easily. So probably someone who lives or works in the area would be best suited.

Opening hours of the summer (23.6.- 17.8.)

Weekdays 10.00 - 21.00
On weekends, 10.00 - 18.00

So for me after work would work best, sometimes around 5-5:30.

If you are interested please PM me. It is a bit of a pricey sport, but they take Virike and Smartum vouchers.

Some informarion about me: my name is Sofia, I am 29 Hungarian expat. If you need more information about me, ask away, preferably in PM too.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

zso.h

Re: looking for climbing buddy

Post by zso.h » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi,

This is just to say that I found a climbing buddy and we already took the belay course mentioned above.

In case someone will be looking at this thread and become interested in climbing and the belay training, I recommend contacting Joonas Sailaranta from Salmisaari Kiipeilyareena, he is one of the trainers who can teach in English.