Cheddar - Valley Spire

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
harryc

Cheddar - Valley Spire

Post by harryc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:51 am

Valley Spire 9 month Cheddar which was spoken of as good (and IMO too) on another thread - is 7,96 kilo at Lidl in these days (grated).

Cheddar - Valley Spire

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Finnglishman

Re: Cheddar - Valley Spire

Post by Finnglishman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Update: Cheese is available today but in blocks, not grated.

Taste test results are in: Not West Country Farmhouse or Canadian but fine for now.

Thanks Forum!

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Yes - Cheddar is now a regular item at Lidl - both block and grated.

IMy post was to tell that the grated was on offer for about 7 cf. usual 10/kg - and was cheaper than the regular block.

The Valley Spire Blue Stilton was really good - but I only found it at Lommila - no sign of it at Mankka, Lsaari, Niityk. So I guess it's one of those Once in a Blue Moon products,

Btw - there's a new Lidl at Klaukkala.

African Girl

Post by African Girl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Has anyone noticed that the price of the LIDL Valley Spire cheddar has suddenly shot up? I think it's approximately 2 euros/kg more expensive than it was a few months ago! Or are my eyes deceiving me?? Darn Finland Forumers buying all the cheddar... I think LIDL must have noticed :D

harryc

Post by harryc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:13 pm

The block Cheddar is now 9,23 per kilo - )grated 11+) - I do recall a price of something under 8€ a few months ago - it's decent Cheddar and 9,23 stll 'reasonable' - so no alarm.

But it is true Lidl is reenacting the Bauhaus scenarion - just undercut K-S - but 'just.' What's needed is another 'from outside Finland' food retailer to come in and compete.