Can you trust Finish Males

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tonyvw

Post by tonyvw » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:00 pm

:oops:
hi guys back on the job hunt again, it didnt work with the first £$€¤%&. he promised the work but didnt give it. also got lots of jobs we will call you to sign the contracts but guess what they dont ever call. whats with this, they have a job or they dont this has happened 5 times, are all finish males assholes like this, i thought that you could trust the finns. At least the Irish will tell you yes or no we have a job.
Can some one explain this to me?????? :twisted:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Re: Can you trust Finish Males

Post by gavin » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:09 pm

tonyvw wrote::oops:
hi guys back on the job hunt again, it didnt work with the first £$€¤%&. he promised the work but didnt give it. also got lots of jobs we will call you to sign the contracts but guess what they dont ever call. whats with this, they have a job or they dont this has happened 5 times, are all finish males assholes like this, i thought that you could trust the finns. At least the Irish will tell you yes or no we have a job.
Can some one explain this to me?????? :twisted:
This is a common thread.

Finns never say "No"

"Yes", "maybe", "probably", "we will call you in a week" etc can all equally mean "Not a blood cat's chance in hell mate"

You have to CALL THEM. This is not just a Finnish male/trust thing. Its the culture here.

The ONLY way to get work is to CALL people. And Keep calling them.

Sounds weird, but I guess most people will agree with me here.

Get dialing!

Cheers
Gavin

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:16 pm

They bid for jobs - they have a job if they win the bid - they need to have people ready to start the job if they win the bid - the bid goes to some Irish company... start again...

... or, if they hire someone unemployed they get a "free worker" because the government pays for the money, or then they find a vocational trainee that *needs* the job to get his degree (so they work for free) - so why hire someone you need to pay for?

...the job situation is also crapping out as nobody can predict the next 6 months, so contracts and bids come out, but once the customer sees the quotes they have to "wait for the grant", wait for the EU funding" etc. etc.

I don't know if I am trustworthy, but I rather say "no @#$% way" first and after that "gimme the specs"...

...now about trusting Finnish females... thats another thing...
Last edited by Hank W. on Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:19 pm

Gavin is right. Phone phone phone until they give you the job just to shut you up!

I had several interviews before I got a job and the company I work for now was the first one I contacted when I got here and even they kept saying 'yes we'll keep you on file but nothing yet' etc. etc.

Just keep plugging away and eventually you'll get there. One comforting thing is that you're not the 1st and you certainly won't be the last (to go through this).

Keep the faith!
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

vesa

Post by vesa » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:03 am

I agree. You will have to call yourself. We Finns are taught already in high school that the applicant should always be as active as possible, because it shows that he is motivated and interested...

It's even useful to call and make questions about the post in question before sending application. After you have sent the application and the deadline is over, if they won't invite you to an interview, call them and ask if it is possible to come to discuss with them in an interview. In the interview, ask when they make the decision so that you can call them then.

Good luck! Although the economy is not at its best now and IT companies are firing rather than hiring, all of my friends have eventually gained jobs!
...here and now

tonyvw

Post by tonyvw » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:04 pm

8)
Trying to stay cool to some of these people is quite hard.
Yes i do keep calling them and calling.
I start some finish classes soon hope this will help.
Any comments are grateful.
Have a good sunny weekend everyone.
later Tony.