Seasonal Work at Farm

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
thiennguyen

Seasonal Work at Farm

Post by thiennguyen » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:54 am

Hi, I am first year student at Vaasa and I plan to spend my summer time for working at a farm, do stuff such as picking berry or fruit...but I cannot find many farms that hire people to work at summer time. If someone know, please give me a hint :( It doesn't matter to be just in Vaasa, I can move to anywhere in Finland Thank you

Seasonal Work at Farm

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jukka Aho

Re: Seasonal Work at Farm

Post by Jukka Aho » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 am

thiennguyen wrote:Hi, I am first year student at Vaasa and I plan to spend my summer time for working at a farm, do stuff such as picking berry or fruit...but I cannot find many farms that hire people to work at summer time. If someone know, please give me a hint :( It doesn't matter to be just in Vaasa, I can move to anywhere in Finland Thank you
You’re reasonably close to Närpes (the Swedish name of the municipality) / Närpiö (the Finnish name of the municipality). The municipality is known for its commercial greenhouses which produce a significant share of the tomatoes and cucumbers consumed in Finland.

Närpes is predominantly a Swedish-speaking community. In the recent years, the locals have actively encouraged immigration and hired workers from many different countries and cultures.
znark

thiennguyen

Re: Seasonal Work at Farm

Post by thiennguyen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Jukka Aho wrote:
thiennguyen wrote:Hi, I am first year student at Vaasa and I plan to spend my summer time for working at a farm, do stuff such as picking berry or fruit...but I cannot find many farms that hire people to work at summer time. If someone know, please give me a hint :( It doesn't matter to be just in Vaasa, I can move to anywhere in Finland Thank you
You’re reasonably close to Närpes (the Swedish name of the municipality) / Närpiö (the Finnish name of the municipality). The municipality is known for its commercial greenhouses which produce a significant share of the tomatoes and cucumbers consumed in Finland.

Närpes is predominantly a Swedish-speaking community. In the recent years, the locals have actively encouraged immigration and hired workers from many different countries and cultures.
Thank you so much for your help :) :D