Consumer rights info

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
PredatoR

Re: Consumer rights info

Post by PredatoR » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Hello guys,

My camera had some problems and gave it to the place where I bought and they sent it to the technical service and techical service sent the camera to the UK. Already 3 weeks have been passed and as I read, I can get a replacement unit until my camera will arrive, that is right??? What if they won't agree??

Additionally what is the maximum amount of weeks that my camera can be at the technical service? I am asking it to claim the money that I paid for the product.

Regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Post by onkko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:44 am

PredatoR wrote:Hello guys,

My camera had some problems and gave it to the place where I bought and they sent it to the technical service and techical service sent the camera to the UK. Already 3 weeks have been passed and as I read, I can get a replacement unit until my camera will arrive, that is right??? What if they won't agree??

Additionally what is the maximum amount of weeks that my camera can be at the technical service? I am asking it to claim the money that I paid for the product.

Regards
No you cant get replacement unit and "normal and acceptable" time is from about 2 weeks to 2 months depending what kind of appliance we are talking about. Some like Sony have (or atleast had) "over 2 week estimated time and replace it with new" policy but thats rare.
There is no set maximum time, only "reasonable time" and 3 weeks for something you dont really need isnt even near of that. If we would be talking washing machine of 5 kid family then its nearer of 2 weeks.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

daveef

Post by daveef » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:20 am

Anyone experience late payments to DNA (internet provider) and how they send bills to debt collectors . I was out of country for 3 months. I usually get my bills by text message and of course abroad i use a different sim card. In the meantime i got a bills from Justitia (debt collector) for 30e. DNA and Justitia were contacted about this but in the remaining 2 months I got 2 more bills totalling 70e from this debt collecting agency. DNA didn't mange the situaltion at all well and when i got back they didn't even want to hear my case - despite me trying to pay the copied reminder letters that my daughter in Finland copied and sent to me. When I said I couldn't stay with a company that has no consideration for its customers they just sent me an email saying my contract was terminated. I usually pay 12.50e /month to DNA and I was stung for well over 100e for those 3 months. Probably more like 150e. Outrageous- and there seems to be no redress.

onkko

Post by onkko » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:59 pm

daveef wrote:Anyone experience late payments to DNA (internet provider) and how they send bills to debt collectors . I was out of country for 3 months. I usually get my bills by text message and of course abroad i use a different sim card. In the meantime i got a bills from Justitia (debt collector) for 30e. DNA and Justitia were contacted about this but in the remaining 2 months I got 2 more bills totalling 70e from this debt collecting agency. DNA didn't mange the situaltion at all well and when i got back they didn't even want to hear my case - despite me trying to pay the copied reminder letters that my daughter in Finland copied and sent to me. When I said I couldn't stay with a company that has no consideration for its customers they just sent me an email saying my contract was terminated. I usually pay 12.50e /month to DNA and I was stung for well over 100e for those 3 months. Probably more like 150e. Outrageous- and there seems to be no redress.
So you knew you will get bills and in purpose didnt pay those.... You dint manage situation at all.. That over 100 sounds high but you can check if its in law by next link.
http://www2.kuluttajavirasto.fi/en-GB/c ... ion-costs/

Cony

Post by Cony » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 am

Customer right!

I bought a leather jacket in Mango Aleksanterinkatu, and it starts smelling like a dead fish after two days. They refuse to take it because the tag was removed. I contacted the main Mango in Spain, and they approved the Helsinki shop decision, saying that it's not defect but the natural smell! I'm taking it to the consumer agency but imagine the time and feeling that it consumes.

yaoguiyu2014

Post by yaoguiyu2014 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:49 am

i also have this kinda incidence..alas..
what to do next ?

onkko

Post by onkko » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:40 pm

yaoguiyu2014 wrote:i also have this kinda incidence..alas..
what to do next ?
"this kind" in thread full of all of the kind. What kind you have?

Alefsefr

Post by Alefsefr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi All,

Some basic questions:

1. We receive several services from the police, like obtaining different licenses. In these cases, are we considered as customers of the police?

2. If we are not happy with the "quality of service", like the processing time of the applications, or customer relations, what should we do?

In the second question, I mean the service itself, not the decision. Of course, when the decision is not favorable, there might be a chance to appeal, which I do not talk about it here.

I always have had this idea that when we pay a fee to the police, we must receive a service with an acceptable level of quality. But in many cases this does not happen. You do not know "when" the decision will be made. While as a customer I need to know the processing time beforehand, don't I?

One reason is that I think "the police" is watching "the police" and they do not see "us" as their customers.

In a recent case, my application has been in a queue for four months, and the police does not give me any clear answer that when they will look at it. It bothers me a lot. I tried to make a complaint through the feedback service on the website, and of course, as the feedback goes to the police again, the response was that the police is doing fine and I need to wait.

I have no right as a customer to know the exact processing time. It is not a free favor that the police is doing for me, it is a very expensive service and I must have my basic rights as a customer. Am I wrong?

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:15 pm

You said "receive...police"
Stop lying.

This isnt east.

Jacquelineh

Post by Jacquelineh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:24 pm

About DNA, i have to say I dislike the company so much. As the end of my service contract ( end of 2014), a guy from DNA called me to offer other new service, which I agreed to take it. Then after couple of months, I got some bills from the old service (+reminding fees), I came to complain at the service point, and they told me that it takes a while to stop the service, which means I have to pay for it (btw I didn't use any of it). What a freaking weird reason?!! It take them one click to stop all the stuff.

Anyway, couple days ago, I got one bill plus a reminding fee from DNA, so i was confused because I always remember to pay. I paid that bill immediately and then later check on my bank account's record. It turned out that I had actually paid the bill (even earlier than the deadline). Must be a joke! You have to be careful with all the services here. Never what they may take from you- I had to send my complaint again to the customer service which they agreed that I had paid, haiz---now wait for their pay back. I just hate this