Nervous

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
aRabbit

Nervous

Post by aRabbit » Wed May 12, 2004 1:33 pm

Hi!
I just made a short call to Directorate of Immigration. The person told me they have made the decision on Monday, and sent my 'stuff' to local police station yesterday (if i heard correctly). Because I lately just moved from one city to another, I guess I should call and visit the police myself to check out if it's arrived.

I was nervous on the phone (absolutely..well after nearly 6 months waiting). I didn't 'dare' to ask what's the decision, a grant or reject. :oops: I will soon find out anyway, but just .... the person just told 'made the decision'. I just didn't remember or dare(mostly) to ask "So what kind of decision was it actually" . Lol

it could be a pure good news or

Reality is when you stop believing, it will not vanish.

Nervous

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed May 12, 2004 1:44 pm

Think positive mate. And good luck :thumbsup:

sy

Post by sy » Wed May 12, 2004 3:10 pm

They are usually reluctant to tell you whether it's positive or negative decision.

One thing you could do is to ask for the decision kindly before you sign the receipt. If it is a positive decision, thank god and sign the receipt. If it is a negative decision, don't sign the receipt, instead ask for copy of your application and the decisions they made, insisting that you have the right to retrieve any of your personal information they hold, and tell them you'll come back later.

Then you can call the final decision maker, or intermediate decision maker if you are also applied for a work permit, to see if you can make them change their mind.

The reason behind this caution is that it's much easier to have a precedure correction before you sign the receipt than to appeal to the final decision once you've signed the receipt.

Hope I'm just a little bit over-reacted. And good luck to you!

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Thu May 13, 2004 9:11 am

sy wrote:They are usually reluctant to tell you whether it's positive or negative decision.

One thing you could do is to ask for the decision kindly before you sign the receipt. If it is a positive decision, thank god and sign the receipt. If it is a negative decision, don't sign the receipt, instead ask for copy of your application and the decisions they made, insisting that you have the right to retrieve any of your personal information they hold, and tell them you'll come back later.

Then you can call the final decision maker, or intermediate decision maker if you are also applied for a work permit, to see if you can make them change their mind.

The reason behind this caution is that it's much easier to have a precedure correction before you sign the receipt than to appeal to the final decision once you've signed the receipt.

Hope I'm just a little bit over-reacted. And good luck to you!
Thanks for the helpful consideration. Actually, yesterday I just went to the police to check out the situation. Well, I was obviously unexperienced on this, I signed that receipt before I got the final look at the passport. LOL Big relief for now... I was dealing with this thing in Police of another town, so there was just me asking, then they asked me to sign the paper, then I left.

The waiting took almost half a year. In several monthes, I need to start applying for the next permit. :wink: Can't think of that right now. Hehe, passport back, time to visit some places.

Chill!

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 13, 2004 10:25 am

Result then :?:

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Fri May 14, 2004 1:23 pm

Ace wrote:Result then :?:
See? this is what I mean by nervous. totally forgot ... It was a positive result after all. Thanks god.

I should give my thanks to this forum and the people here! After I read lots of info and joined the board, some of my issues got to be clarified and I found a way out .. (I could say)

:wink:

Andrew_S

Post by Andrew_S » Fri May 14, 2004 2:19 pm

Great. Congrats! :lol:
Image Image

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Mon May 17, 2004 2:42 pm

Yes. I have A5 now, good for 1 year(1.1.03-1.1.04). I've gone through some posts about Allien Act thing. So do I have to continuous 4 year of A status, to be able to apply for the permanent one? Or 2 years still, because my permit starts before May? a bit confused here...

Thanx

Dina

Post by Dina » Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 pm

superiorinferior

Post by superiorinferior » Mon May 24, 2004 1:49 pm

aRabbit wrote:Yes. I have A5 now, good for 1 year(1.1.03-1.1.04)...

does this mean it has expired already? or just a typo (something I seem to point out a lot to folks).

:?:

sacred_cycles

Post by sacred_cycles » Mon May 24, 2004 3:21 pm

If u follow the link:
http://www.uvi.fi/netcomm/content.asp?a ... anguage=EN

& then open the form UVI 101(Application for residence permit ), u can find in section 3 stating:

A permanent residence permit can be granted a minimum of four years permit continuous or after two years of residence, if the continuous residence has began no later that 30.04.2004.

AS YOUR A.5 STARTED ON 1.01.2003, U NEED ONLY 2 YEARS...

Dina

?

Post by Dina » Mon May 24, 2004 3:32 pm

Im US citizen, just move to Finland a few month ego,
any one know a good imigration lower?
Thank you,D:)

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Wed May 26, 2004 3:29 pm

superiorinferior wrote:
aRabbit wrote:Yes. I have A5 now, good for 1 year(1.1.03-1.1.04)...

does this mean it has expired already? or just a typo (something I seem to point out a lot to folks).

:?:
Oops :shock:
mistake sorry, MAJOR one! I meant (1.1.04-1.1.05). I think somehow I am still living in 2003. 2004-4 here, is just hard to get into my head?!