insurance for my child

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hamjaf60

insurance for my child

Post by hamjaf60 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 am

I will move to Finland with my son who will be 2.5 years old next summer; the purpose of our move is my education( M.S. degree) for two years. How can I get a health insurance for my son in Finland? I cannot get kela because I have the temporary residence permit(B). Thank you in advance for your help and reply.

insurance for my child

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: insurance for my child

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:28 am

hamjaf60 wrote:I will move to Finland with my son who will be 2.5 years old next summer; the purpose of our move is my education( M.S. degree) for two years. How can I get a health insurance for my son in Finland? I cannot get kela because I have the temporary residence permit(B). Thank you in advance for your help and reply.
Ask the same providers that provide insurance for students. The general rule is that you won't find anything for non Kela covered people in Finnish insurance companies. They have they pricing calibrated with the idea that they can rely in part on the public health care system.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 pm

I guess you are non-EU and getting a resident permit for yourself based on studies. Your son would then get a residence permit based on ties to you. For both residence permits, you need to buy your own health insurance, so you need to get something for yourself too.

hamjaf60

Post by hamjaf60 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:37 pm

interleukin wrote:I guess you are non-EU and getting a resident permit for yourself based on studies. Your son would then get a residence permit based on ties to you. For both residence permits, you need to buy your own health insurance, so you need to get something for yourself too.
Yes, I can get a student health insurance, but my son is not a student, I live in USA right now.