hjj

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Beep_Boop

Re: Permanent residence permit issue

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 pm

It's likely that the processing of your application hasn't started yet, so they'll perform their verifications once the processing starts.
Now, here's your problem: On the application you signed, you've confirmed two things:
- The information you supplied is correct.
- You'll inform them if anything changes.

Given that the employment is a deciding factor for the decision, I really don't see a reason for not considering this a case of fraud.

Essentially, you have two options: Tell them and get away with refusal, or hide it and risk being treated as a case of fraud. Hopefully, they'll find out anyway.

Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

garrycarry

Post by garrycarry » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:27 pm

But for permanent residency only 4 year employment is required and I m eligible in tht case

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Hopefully, they'll find out anyway.
This is Finland. If you're in the computer they will find out.
And besides, no job, where does your money come from?
If you ask for some kind of support (unemployment money, housing aid etc,) they will connect the dots.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 am

rinso wrote:
Hopefully, they'll find out anyway.
I'd like to be able to tell you this is true, but sadly I can't.
Being a foreigner, it's easy to meet and hear stories from other foreigners. It's very easy to commit residence-permit-related fraud in this country. The idea of a central record that can be accessed by authorities working on these matters is far from the actual situation.

I easily know 6-7 people from Russia, Germany, UK, USA, etc. who have committed fraud regarding their residence in Finland. There are so many methods and they all rely on the authorities not sharing information and/or not carrying on simple verifications shortly before or shortly after the decision is made.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

sky2

Post by sky2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:52 pm

adnan wrote: I easily know 6-7 people from Russia, Germany, UK, USA, etc. who have committed fraud regarding their residence in Finland.
Just out of curiosity, do the people from Germany and UK even need a residence permit to stay in Finland?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 pm

sky2 wrote:Just out of curiosity, do the people from Germany and UK even need a residence permit to stay in Finland?
They need EU registration. To register, they need a reason (employment, family ties, etc.)
Well, I guess the rest is easy for you to figure out... agree with a friend who has a bar to let you have a "permanent" job then get "fired" in the trial period, postpone breaking up with your GF until you get a decision, agree with your employer not to fire you for a few months until you get your second (4 year) RP on the condition you'd have very few hours, and many countless ways to commit fraud in these cases.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:30 am

sky2 wrote:
adnan wrote: I easily know 6-7 people from Russia, Germany, UK, USA, etc. who have committed fraud regarding their residence in Finland.
Just out of curiosity, do the people from Germany and UK even need a residence permit to stay in Finland?
http://www.poliisi.fi/licences_and_perm ... pean_union
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.