RP for spouse based on family ties.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
terebee

Post by terebee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:33 pm

I am a non-EU resident holding permanent residence status. My husband is also non-EU and we applied for his RP here in Finland last June 29. We received notification to submit additional documents a month ago and we did so immediately. The reason my husband applied for his RP here instead of his home country is because I was due to give birth last sept 26..and I did. I have no existing family and live by myself so I really did need my husband to be here with me and help me take care of the baby. There is still no news about his residence permit. I have gone through the requirements and I have managed to meet all of them as well as the income requirement. I am just worried that he will be denied and I will end up having to take care of our son all by myself since he will gave to go back to his home country. Just wondering if there is anyone here who has similar experiences with it. I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: RP for spouse based on family ties.

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:13 pm

terebee wrote:Just wondering if there is anyone here who has similar experiences with it. I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance!
The law provides for a decision in 9 months. Since you supplied extra information it's probably counted from the moment it was submitted.

https://www.poliisi.fi/luvat/kasittelyajat

The police is currently swamped with asylum seekers. You just need to hang tight and wait.