Residence Permit for Studies

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
barbiejelly

Post by barbiejelly » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 am

Last edited by barbiejelly on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Residence Permit for Studies

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:11 am

There isn't a specific form for the bank statement. The general rule is that you need to present a proof that shows that you can support yourself, and this proof must be convincing enough for the case officer.
Now, ask yourself, would you be convinced if you see an account that has 0 Euros for many months and then suddenly 7000? Wouldn't you suspect that this person is trying to cheat the system by depositing the money and taking it out of the account as soon as the RP is granted?

Back in the day, I received my study RP by only providing a bank statement as a proof for funds. In my case, however, it was a straightforward case; my statement went back one year showing steady deposits each month from my employer. Your case might be different.

In short: Each case is different. The main point is to not act stupid, and to always think like the person reading your application.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:04 am

2. I will have my mom be my sponsor, for those of you who had your parents or someone supported your financial situation, did the migri require documents or something that state the relationship between you and your sponsor? (I am concerened about this issue because I was stupid enough to lose my birth certificate, and if they want something to show the relationship of me and my mom, the birth certificate must be necessary right?!)
Migri doesn't accept sponsors. The money needs to be yours. Not a loan/donation from your mom when you run out of funds.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 pm

barbiejelly wrote:2. I will have my mom be my sponsor, for those of you who had your parents or someone supported your financial situation, did the migri require documents or something that state the relationship between you and your sponsor? (I am concerened about this issue because I was stupid enough to lose my birth certificate, and if they want something to show the relationship of me and my mom, the birth certificate must be necessary right?!)
"You must have the necessary funds in your own bank account. Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable."
http://www.migri.fi/studying_in_finland ... of_support
Emphasis mine.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:03 pm

barbiejelly wrote: 2. I will have my mom be my sponsor, for those of you who had your parents or someone supported your financial situation, did the migri require documents or something that state the relationship between you and your sponsor? (I am concerened about this issue because I was stupid enough to lose my birth certificate, and if they want something to show the relationship of me and my mom, the birth certificate must be necessary right?!)
Have your mom gift you the money as early as possible and have it sit in an account in your name for as long as possible. You probably want to reacquire your birth certificate any way but it's not relevant for the residence permit as already implied.