Urgent Please help. Visa expired. Want to go INDIA.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rango619

Post by rango619 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:31 pm

My visa is expired on Dec 1, 2015. I applied for the New visa and its under process. I will get it after a week or so.

I have to travel to INDIA TODAY ASAP for personal issue no matter what.

Am I eligible to leave Finland and go India just with passport??

I am thinking to give my old visa and visa collecting docs to my friend and ask him to do speed post the NEW VISA to INDIA, so that I can come to Finland later.

Is this possible??

Please let me know. its very urgent for me :(

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mdn

Re: Urgent Please help. Visa expired. Want to go INDIA.

Post by mdn » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:04 am

Am I eligible to leave Finland and go India just with passport??
Yes, might be some problems, so you have to have a paper about the possible extension of your residence permit.
I am thinking to give my old visa and visa collecting docs to my friend and ask him to do speed post the NEW VISA to INDIA, so that I can come to Finland later.
It is impossible, no one will give your friend your residence permit.
To return to Finland - you can ask an usual visa from embassy, or you can ask to send your residence permit to some Indian embassy, it might take some additional time.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:46 am

mdn wrote:It is impossible, no one will give your friend your residence permit.
Wrong.
He can give a limited power of attorney (Valtakirja) to his friend. With that, the friend can pick up the residence permit.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

rupun

Post by rupun » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:28 pm

How would you get back without a valid residence permit? From India, you need to have a permit for Finland to depart to Finland.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:52 pm

rupun wrote:How would you get back without a valid residence permit? From India, you need to have a permit for Finland to depart to Finland.
The simplest solution would be to have his friend pickup the RP card (with power of attorney) and DHL it to him in India.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.