Refusal of redidence permit and appeal

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Pursuivant

Re: Refusal of redidence permit and appeal

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 am

Ooaah, a mamufight, bring out the beers :D

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pinaypay78november

Post by pinaypay78november » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 pm

My resident permit being refuse for the reason that I no family ties with my boyfriend and we not live 2 years...they want to know my income if I can live alone myself in Finland. They even ask me my bank account but I cannot give it as I have a Thai bank(kasikorn bank Thailand) and need to travel personally to get a statement of account so I say I got cash about 6000€ but they say it's not possible and not enough for me to live 1 year in Finland. And the decision was not granted to me. I got money in my Thai bank but the only problem is I cannot make a statement on it...can I re appeal bout the decision concerning that I have enough money in my bank to live in Finland? How to appeal? Where I go first...it is

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:31 am

pinaypay78november wrote:My resident permit being refuse for the reason that I no family ties with my boyfriend and we not live 2 years...they want to know my income if I can live alone myself in Finland. They even ask me my bank account but I cannot give it as I have a Thai bank(kasikorn bank Thailand) and need to travel personally to get a statement of account so I say I got cash about 6000€ but they say it's not possible and not enough for me to live 1 year in Finland. And the decision was not granted to me. I got money in my Thai bank but the only problem is I cannot make a statement on it...can I re appeal bout the decision concerning that I have enough money in my bank to live in Finland? How to appeal? Where I go first...it is
Stop lying and provide what they want. You can change bank.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:18 pm

pinaypay78november wrote:My resident permit being refuse for the reason that I no family ties with my boyfriend and we not live 2 years...they want to know my income if I can live alone myself in Finland. They even ask me my bank account but I cannot give it as I have a Thai bank(kasikorn bank Thailand) and need to travel personally to get a statement of account so I say I got cash about 6000€ but they say it's not possible and not enough for me to live 1 year in Finland. And the decision was not granted to me. I got money in my Thai bank but the only problem is I cannot make a statement on it...can I re appeal bout the decision concerning that I have enough money in my bank to live in Finland? How to appeal? Where I go first...it is
The required amount is 12000€:

http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... equirement

Why would they take your word for the account balance? They require written proof.

Your appeal will not succeed unless you can demonstrate that satisfy the conditions.

pinaypay78november

Post by pinaypay78november » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 am

How can You change bank if you have no identity in Finland? You cannot even go to the hospital or buy some medicine because No identification.

pinaypay78november

Post by pinaypay78november » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:14 pm

My resident visa refuse so now I have 30 days for me to stay in Finland, I need to fly back my country with in that 30days period my question is how many months waiting in order to fly back to Finland.
Is there any possibilities for me to come back in Finland with a tourist visa.. any answer will be appreciated. Thank you

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:40 pm

pinaypay78november wrote:My resident visa refuse so now I have 30 days for me to stay in Finland, I need to fly back my country with in that 30days period my question is how many months waiting in order to fly back to Finland.
Is there any possibilities for me to come back in Finland with a tourist visa.. any answer will be appreciated. Thank you
You will get a visa if you can convince them that you will return back to your home country. Having applied for a RP makes this harder.
roger_roger wrote: RP based on Family ties is one hell of complicated rules in Finland and doesn't match with other EU/N.America countries' rules. Here RP is simplified in terms of length of stay not just relation. 2 years for cohabitation is outrageous really, even if you are married to a Finn you have to wait 5 years to get Permanent ones, not like many western countries where 6 months is deemed good enough.
I don't see a problem with the 2 year cohabitation. You do have the option to get married.

Just lowering to 6 months is a really bad idea if you don't change other parts of the system. In Canada you will get a permanent permit right at the start. However it's coupled with these things for the sponsor:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ly-who.asp
  • "When you sponsor one of these relatives to become permanent residents of Canada, you must support them financially."
  • You can't sponsor someone, if you have failed to support a previous applicant
  • "Due to changes in Canada’s immigration law, if a spouse or partner sponsored you, you now cannot sponsor a new spouse or partner within five years of becoming a permanent resident. "

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:52 pm

roger_roger wrote:
RP based on Family ties is one hell of complicated rules in Finland and doesn't match with other EU/N.America countries' rules. Here RP is simplified in terms of length of stay not just relation. 2 years for cohabitation is outrageous really, even if you are married to a Finn you have to wait 5 years to get Permanent ones, not like many western countries where 6 months is deemed good enough.
These strict rules are for wanna be self-declared Einsteins out of EU zone/"reliable countries", who just try to frack around the system to get in.
I wouldn't trust my partner to grant her permanent residence within 6 months and become a liability for me and taxpayers if things go south..., but this is just me.
Image Image

pinaypay78november

Post by pinaypay78november » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:21 pm

How can you live 2 years if none of u have the right to live in each home country? Holidays been together is not credit..I live my partner 10 months in Finland its not credit because its say I am on holiday. If my partner lives with me 1 year in my home country its also not credit because he same me only on a holiday.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:20 pm

pinaypay78november wrote:How can you live 2 years if none of u have the right to live in each home country?
There can be a third country that accepts both.
pinaypay78november wrote: Holidays been together is not credit..I live my partner 10 months in Finland its not credit because its say I am on holiday. If my partner lives with me 1 year in my home country its also not credit because he same me only on a holiday.
By Finnish law when you move somewhere for over three months you have to notify the population register. Staying with someone for 1 year counts for a residence permit even if the other country considers it a holiday.

Ronn1e

Post by Ronn1e » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:29 pm

roger_roger wrote: If Finland is to save its social system, it has to bring such changes where lollipops are not distributed on the borders but you need to earn it.
Said by a foreigner who's probably grabbed a few 'lollipops' himself.

But your assumption is incorrect , there is no freebies available that easily. Maybe you shouldn't post until you know what you're talking about.

Ronn1e

Post by Ronn1e » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:23 pm

roger_roger wrote: nopes, said by a foreigner who bought his own lollipops by his own money and did his homework to earn enough money not to run out of lollipops to ask for others' handouts
Sure, we're supposed to take your word for it.
roger_roger wrote: I'd personally like to see the tighter rules regarding the Person who imports their partner with them. A person shows s/he has enough earnings/bank balance to import their partner/spouse and when the partner is here Unemployment/Integration things follow all on tax payers money. I thing instead of distributing lollipops so easily to them, the burden should be on the spouse who imports them and they should pay for integration from their own pocket. In fact if the government should make rules that you need to contribute at least 5 years to get anything back from social benefits for immigrants then they'd save hell lots of money and utilize it in other proper things. This would also relieve the foreigners from being labelled as freebees hunter
There is no lollipops 'easily' distributable. First off , they won't let a spouse in if the 'sponsor' is unemployed in the first place, which means, the finn has actually paid taxes at least for some time and is still employed, these taxes then basically go to the spouse's integration plan, but you don't know everyone's case. Some of these immigrants might find work after 1 year of integration and over time contribute more taxes than the finn who has brought them into the country. Second of all, it's anything but 'easy'. They don't exactly explain to you anything that you're entitled to, and when you start figuring it out, head begins to spin. They are not making it easy in the slightest, which is understandable. They also check your previous employment history and carefully consider each case before they grant you even a small assistance money, which means you still are mostly relying on the 'sponsor's financial support. And in case they overpay somethin, they'll take it back. Now, if you're talking about refugees, i don't know, maybe they do get a lot of benefits the moment they are granted asylum, but I won't go around claiming that.

In any case, it's going off topic, the poster from Thailand just wanted some advice in her situation, not a discussion on how to run a country. So much unnecessary hostility here.

sky2

Post by sky2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:43 pm

roger_roger wrote: nopes, said by a foreigner who bought his own lollipops by his own money and did his homework to earn enough money not to run out of lollipops to ask for others' handouts
roger_roger wrote:I really hope, wish and pray they'd find a work and earn good money instead of being burden to the state. But I still think they need to pay for their own integration.
In one of your initial posts you mentioned that you had been working as a dish washer at k-city market. You don't really need to do homework for that.
If you can survive doing dish washing, what makes you think that others cannot do that?

Ronn1e

Post by Ronn1e » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:44 pm

roger_roger wrote: They are educated enough to know NOT to distribute money for free, but whatever it is I know for sure spouse of any(Finn or employed Immigrant) who comes here are given unemployment money (at least basic) until they find the job. Most of them chose to go to integration course and few chose to work right away.
Funny, at first you were posting how spouses get lolipops the moment they cross the border, now you're saying they don't distribute money so easily. Fiy not everyone is given unemployment money here , there's a 25 y.o. limit for instance. Which means that if you haven't got vocational/uni degree, then you get nothing until you're at least 25 y.o. Ofc, there is integration plan and language course (which you must wait for a very long time) and you're paid some little 'food' money while you're a student, but you're probably against that also. So following your logic, local students under 25 who haven't worked themselves shouldn't be paid anything when they attend school either, because they haven't personally invested into their education. Heck, make first graders pay for their education first, they must work and not get freebies.

Now let's imagine if there was no integration assistance at all and knowing how tough finnish language/job hunting is for foreigners, probably half of these married finns would've rather left to live in their spouses' countries or any other 3rd countries, and that means the state would've lost more taxpayers in the end.

One more thing is I don't see why can't a spouse work and be on integration plan at the same time? Integration basically means - language course. A job can be found after/between/during it. If you're proposing for every foreigner to work right away and skip the language course, who's exactly gonna create all these job vacancies when even locals struggle these days? Even if that happened, you'd be labeled a dirty job stealer instead of a freebie hunter. And best case scenario, a spouse finds work with no finnish, 2 years later they are fired for whatever reason and can't get work again because they will still need to learn the language. And now you end up being unemployed and get that same unemployment money you're so worried about. They just try to make sure everyone is integrated and can survive in the new country when they are living as a family.

But hey, I get it, you've worked and feel proud for what you've accomplished, but maybe don't jump to conclusions because you're doing some heavy generalizations here about people you don't know and the system that is not as simple as it may seem. Besides, you're not exactly a representative of the state even if you feel like your tax money went on to pay someone's integration. Finally, the woman asking for advice was planning to bring her own money, which is, again, not good enough for some folks here I guess.

p.s. Sorry, I felt like debating your case some more... I'm out of this thread now.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Ronn1e wrote:First off , they won't let a spouse in if the 'sponsor' is unemployed in the first place, which means, the finn has actually paid taxes at least for some time and is still employed
Incorrect. http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... equirement
Finnish citizens don't have this restriction.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.