Get married

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Yando

Get married

Post by Yando » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 pm

i'm from Morocco , my fiancee and i we plant to get married but the problem we don't have any Idea how we can do it ?
is possible to get married in Finland or we need get married in Morocco the first ?
what documents we need to get married ?

Get married

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Get married

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:38 am

Yando wrote:i'm from Morocco , my fiancee and i we plant to get married but the problem we don't have any Idea how we can do it ?
is possible to get married in Finland or we need get married in Morocco the first ?
what documents we need to get married ?
You can get married in either country. You are better positioned to researched what is needed in Morocco. For Finland see:

http://www.maistraatti.fi/en/Services/m ... rriage%203

Rip

Re: Get married

Post by Rip » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:41 am

You need
a) visa to get here
b) formal documentation that you're unmarried. It seems you need to go through the full legalization procedure (you get the document, have it confirmed by a notary, have your foreign ministry to confirm that and finally have the local Finnish embassy to confirm the seal of the foreign ministry). Safest to have your fiancee to show the paper or its copy in advance to the local "maistraatti" or wherever you plan to get married to see that they are satisfied with it.

Of course you can get married too in Morocco. For that you can find you yourself the required documentation. Most likely the same as above (but no visa), except reversed. Afterwards you can give the (legalized) marriage certificate to the Finnish embassy for to have registered here as well.