Residence permit for self-employed person

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
k0p

Post by k0p » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 am

Hi,
Anybody applied or got residence permit for self-employed person recently ?
Would be great to know how long it takes now a days for processing .

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Re: Residence permit for self-employed person

Post by leisl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:22 am

http://www.migri.fi/services/processing_times

It looks like they don't mention self employed specifically. I assume you have an online business that you can still operate before the permit is granted.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:32 am

leisl wrote:It looks like they don't mention self employed specifically.
They do. The average for self-employment in 2014 is 233 days.
It also seems like waiting times for normal employment has grown about 20% since 2014, so we might extrapolate that to the self-employment category, which gives us about 280 or a bit over 9 months.

k0p, what happened? Was your citizenship application rejected?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:48 am

Getting an RP as a self-employed person is not easy. It requires more than just patience while they process the documents. You need a solid business case, a business plan, financial reports etc and, preferably, proof that your activity is ALREADY providing you a subsistence income. A business IDEA is not enough, on its own, to get an RP, even if you are not in a hurry.

k0p

Post by k0p » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:35 am

@adnan . Thank you for asking. No it was not. Self - employed residence permit for My brother.
Also I just called The ELY keskus just after 3 months of his application , they said They Have made a decision and it was forwarded to Immigration .thats why i am Wondering will it TaKe more 6 month to make The decision !!!!problem is we urgently need it. Well , i guess i will just Have to Wait .

k0p

Post by k0p » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:57 am

@rosamunda, thank you for your information . Me and My brother started The Company In june 2013 . We Have 2 franchsing restaurAnt (very reputed finnish brand) . His Salary is yearly 70 000 euro and he is 49% Owner and vara-toimitusjohtaja. Facts is immigration refuse his rp under section 36[2] In feb 2014 . He left The country and he was doing his Job online from his home country and studied his masters In Management also he did his professional diploma and workplacement In THE WESTIN (1 year) .
He was receiving his Salary to his International Nordea Bank account, also he pays his taxes In Finland of his yearly income.
First Time when he applied from Finland he was here with a visa issued from Italy . So immigration pu him under section 36(2) and give him 2 Years no entry ban. It will end at The end of january 2016.

k0p

Post by k0p » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Won The Appeal after waiting Two Years !!!! Just got decision !