OLE_TY1 vs OLE_TY5

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
shannze

OLE_TY1 vs OLE_TY5

Post by shannze » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello Finland forum,

I just need little assistance regarding the difference between these two work based residence permit application forms/ applications.

the ole_ty1 says that it is a "RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION – RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR AN EMPLOYED PERSON (TTOL)"

whereas,

The ole_ty5 says it is a "RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT"

I just dont understand the difference between the residence permit for an employed person and residence permit for employment. One of my friend explained me and i studied at virka info that the prior ole_ty1 is the form that is filled for an employed person who works in a particular company OR a particular field and the residence permit that is issued against this form is employer or industry specific. If you lose the job, you lose the residence permit as well. Whereas, the ole_ty5 form is also a work permit application form BUT with an exception of working anywhere you want and the the residence permit does not usually revoke in case of changing jobs. i want the respectable people in this forum to please elaborate. terveisin.

OLE_TY1 vs OLE_TY5

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: OLE_TY1 vs OLE_TY5

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 pm

shannze wrote: I just dont understand the difference between the residence permit for an employed person and residence permit for employment. One of my friend explained me and i studied at virka info that the prior ole_ty1 is the form that is filled for an employed person who works in a particular company OR a particular field and the residence permit that is issued against this form is employer or industry specific. If you lose the job, you lose the residence permit as well. Whereas, the ole_ty5 form is also a work permit application form BUT with an exception of working anywhere you want and the the residence permit does not usually revoke in case of changing jobs. i want the respectable people in this forum to please elaborate. terveisin.
http://www.migri.fi/services/applicatio ... tion_forms

OLE_TY5 description:
This application form is for you if you are coming to Finland to work for a Finnish employer or other employer operating in Finland and you have signed an employment agreement or accepted a binding job offer. With this application form you can apply for a residence permit on the basis of employment, if there is no separate application form for the work in question (see forms OLE_TY1/Residence permit for an employed person, OLE_TY2/Special expert, OLE_TY3/Internship and OLE_TY4/Sports or coaching). You can apply for a residence permit with this application form if you, for example, are coming to Finland to work for an association or to work professionally in the arts or you have received a degree in Finland.