How long time take resident permit ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
adoulaa

Post by adoulaa » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:02 am

Hello!!
Im Tunisian citizen man and Im married with finnish woman. I did make permit apply in Tunisia and get interview in Finland embassy in Tunisia in October 2015. Migri sent just 3 question in paper to my wife in 30.12.2015 (just 1 same question like I did have in my interview) other 2 questions ,what was just time before our married and just very normal ones . And after my wife did sent answers in paper back to embassy in right time.
How much usually take time before I should get answer from migri?
Is it normal that wife get just 3 questions and just one same like I did get in interview or is it weird? How long time usually take get answer, if they havent interview bought ,just husband and wife need to answer just to the paper?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: How long time take resident permit ?

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:31 am

Migri says to expect at least 9 months http://www.migri.fi/services/processing ... ties_16582

However, it all depends on the case. If the case is clear (married couple with provable long history of family life), then the processing is faster than a complicated case where the officer suspects fraud such as a sham marriage.
In other words, there's nothing you can do but wait. So, wait patiently and do something else with your life in the meantime.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Ninja

Re: How long time take resident permit ?

Post by Ninja » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:45 pm

It can take a very long time for a decision to be made, up to a year.

I wouldn't be packing your bags just yet, enjoy your life in Tunisia and just relax and be patient (trust me, it's not that exciting here in Finland and if you have a girlfriend in Tunisia it might be funner to enjoy your time with her until you come to Finland).

Even if you do everything right you have to wait your turn and depending on how many people they have to process it could be a long line.