Time limit for moving to Finland after having a RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
farfaraway

Post by farfaraway » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:44 am

I honestly don't have any better title for this.

This is my current situation.
- I am from a non-EU country
- I have a working permit (A)
- My wife is granted a RP to come to Finland based on family ties

Her permit was granted around August last year but due to some personal matters, she can't go to Finland immediately after having the permit.

Now that all the matters have been settled, she can finally move to Finland next May, soonest April (her RP expires in August). As a paranoid person, I have been searching around on the Internet and from migri.fi and poliisi.fi but I couldn't find anything regrading the time limit within which one has to move to Finland after being granted a RP.

So my question is that: Does one have to move to Finland within a certain time limit (3 months, 6 months etc..) after receiving the RP? If yes, what would happen if they couldn't make it?

Thank you and I am sorry for my poor English explanation

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Time limit for moving to Finland after having a RP

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:17 pm

farfaraway wrote: This is my current situation.

Her permit was granted around August last year but due to some personal matters, she can't go to Finland immediately after having the permit.

Now that all the matters have been settled, she can finally move to Finland next May, soonest April (her RP expires in August). As a paranoid person, I have been searching around on the Internet and from migri.fi and poliisi.fi but I couldn't find anything regrading the time limit within which one has to move to Finland after being granted a RP.

So my question is that: Does one have to move to Finland within a certain time limit (3 months, 6 months etc..) after receiving the RP? If yes, what would happen if they couldn't make it?
There are no stated time limits. The causes for revoking the permit are listed here:

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... the_permit

Since the groups for the permit (family ties) still exist I don't see obstacles to moving in. They might ask questions about it when renewing the permit.

farfaraway

Post by farfaraway » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:53 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
farfaraway wrote: This is my current situation.

There are no stated time limits. The causes for revoking the permit are listed here:

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... the_permit

Since the groups for the permit (family ties) still exist I don't see obstacles to moving in. They might ask questions about it when renewing the permit.
Thank you. I have read that link before but didn't find anything related to my case. I vaguely remember reading about the time limit somewhere, but I guess it was about something else.

kaveribrother

Post by kaveribrother » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:02 pm

farfaraway wrote:I honestly don't have any better title for this.

This is my current situation.

Thank you and I am sorry for my poor English explanation

You have to act fast because traveling whilst the permit is four months to end is not easy around Eu bound flights.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:40 pm

kaveribrother wrote: You have to act fast because traveling whilst the permit is four months to end is not easy around Eu bound flights.
Based on? This would imply people should renew their permits quite early which I have not seen suggested anywhere.