Invitation letter re the decision on RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
terebee

Post by terebee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi

My husband applied for an RP based on family ties last June. I am a permanent resident permit holder and we are both non-Finns. After almost 8 months of waiting, the police sends us a letter saying that we need to visit the police station and meet with the Senior constable regarding the decision of the resident permit. My question is that does this mean his RP got denied and they need to tell us in person? Or does this can also mean we got a positive decision and wanted to give the decision in person? It is my husband's first RP. We had to apply it from here because of my pregnancy and birth last September.

Please give me some answers as I am out of my mind bwcause I am so nervous abt the decision. :(

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Invitation letter re the decision on RP

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Stop this! You cannot control your panic, but you can these actions that will only make you panic even more.
Do you know what will happen now? Someone will tell you that they were in the same situation and got a negative decision, and so you'll go panic and cry, but it turns out your decision is positive. Then someone tells you that they got a positive decision, and so you'll be happy, but turns out your decision is negative.

Neither case is good for your psyche at this stage. Take it easy, relax, and just wait. I know it's difficult to relax, but try a little bit.

For what it's worth: They usually send the decision by mail, positive or negative. With a positive decision, it's likely that they ask you to be there in person to get your RP card. However, it might be negative and the case officer feels that he/she wants to explain your options to you. One other possibility is that they haven't made the decision yet, and the invitation is actually for a face-to-face interview to assess your situation.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

leisl

Post by leisl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:57 pm

:roll: The senior probably just wants to see you both face-to-face to get a "feel" for whether it's all honest. Most applications are approved if they're in line with the rules you know, and I bet you did it all correctly!

I think if they were going to deny it for any easy reason you'd have a denial already. If you needed more documents they'd have asked for more documents. That means... they just want to talk to you as a human.

You don't need to prepare for being human and you don't need to worry about whether you will seem like a human. Just be honest. The world will not end at that interview, even if it's not positive there are options. :)

terebee

Post by terebee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Thank you for the replies! I know panicking does not do any good so I am gonna try and keep myself together until that day comes. It's just that the rp decision determines a big chunk of our future plans so it is a big deal for me. And of course to be left behind to care for a baby and work full time..it is overwhelming. I know it can be done but still, overwhelming. We have submitted everything that they needed..resubmitted papers that they requested..so our fate lies in their hands. Some of my friends got notifications by text message so it kinda worried me a bit. But then again they are married to Finns so their permits were processed at the police st
Ation while my husband's had to be processed in Helsinki.

Kaarina91

Post by Kaarina91 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 pm

I am curious to know what the decision was. I had the exact situation happen to me and my husband.

tinyoctopus

Post by tinyoctopus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Also interested about the outcome