renewing residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
chopsim

Post by chopsim » Fri May 21, 2004 6:09 am

I have been in Finland almost 5 years now. I have my residence permit, my finnish driving licence, my kela and my personal number.
My residence permit is about to run out later this year. Is just a case of renewing it or do i have to go through all the hassle of all those forms etc.

Someone said why dont i become a citizen but i dont think i want to go that far yet.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri May 21, 2004 7:23 am

You need to go fill that one form (4 pager) and whatever they want according to the reason you are renewing it with (marriage, job etc.)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Fri May 21, 2004 8:59 am

Hank W. wrote:You need to go fill that one form (4 pager) and whatever they want according to the reason you are renewing it with (marriage, job etc.)
No no... 4 pages were not enough to keep the bureaucracy busy, so they now created an 8-pager for the same purpose.

Filling the form is now more fun for the whole family...

The new form can be downloaded from UVI's website:
http://www.uvi.fi/netcomm/content.asp?article=1942

The form number is 'UVI 101'

royal

Post by royal » Fri May 21, 2004 1:53 pm

ha ha ha...8 pager UVI 101 form isn't enough...In addition to that another form is required(UVI 102/103/104...)..so I guess It's more fun :lol: