SHORT AND LONG TERM BENEFIT OF HAVING A BABY IN FINLAND

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sidajaem

Re: SHORT AND LONG TERM BENEFIT OF HAVING A BABY IN FINLAND

Post by Sidajaem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am

@JK_Ironak,

I am 101% willing to pay. I am only asking how much to pay and which public hospital the g people here think is good and most affortable.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:38 am

This is all bulldust. Here studying but on a tourist visa?

Finland must have a "we're so stupid" sign on its forehead.

You want us to do all the work for you too. Look up the hospitals and info yourself. The questions you are asking can easily be found on the net. Even in English. You found this site, which must have been harder than searching "maternity wards in Finland".

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am

Thanks for being nice.

Cheers mate

intern101

Post by intern101 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50636

maybe this would help but it was few years ago so the prices given went up for sure.

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:03 pm

@intern101,

I got this already. Many thanks and I appreciate a lot. Other than those who feel bcos they know and I has become a crime for another person to ask questions.
I know the reason why I take decision. It might be wrong to you but right for my purpose.
Again, thanks @intern101.

I only ask which particular public area is this so I can go there directly (i.e if anyone knows, I will appreciate) but if nobody knows, there is no need for insults.

Cheers

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:17 pm

You can't find a hospital? Are you in Helsinki?

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Capital area hospital all work in the same pool; prices are the same (And I doubt there is much difference to other parts country). Based on your questions you haven't seen any medical professional here. I am not sure, but they may, or perhaps even likely will see her (even without any insurance) at the local maternity "neuvola" (at the local healthcare center / terveysasema). There also some private nurses. Would get her into the hospital records bit in advance.

The hospital may want to see her maybe one month before the due time (so it would be useful they would know about you in advance...). That check up mostly to see if there complications to be expected. Cost of a doctor visit without insurance maybe around 200€.

Somebody already linked my old posts about other costs.

If she just turns up in labor at one of the maternity hospitals, they won't turn her away, but for sake of the baby don't do that. See a nurse first and see what kind of instructions you get. Things probably have changed a bit I needed to know about those things.

http://www.hus.fi/en/medical-care/medic ... fault.aspx

JK_Ironak:
I just find lack of travel insurance unforgivable
No travel insurance would have covered this anyway. (Some private health insurance perhaps, if one had got them before getting pregnant in the first place)

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:26 pm

@Rip,

God bless you.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi,

Mid-wife hospital, Kätilöopisto Maternity hospital Helsinki,

Sofianlehdonkatu 5 A.

Google them the page is in English and ask for advice! Yes also your local health center :)

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:01 pm

@bm50,

I strongly the positive response coming in. At this moment anyone who is in my shoes knows a man needs only solutions not scolding.

God bless you

intern101

Post by intern101 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Sidajaem wrote:@intern101,

I got this already. Many thanks and I appreciate a lot. Other than those who feel bcos they know and I has become a crime for another person to ask questions.
I know the reason why I take decision. It might be wrong to you but right for my purpose.
Again, thanks @intern101.

I only ask which particular public area is this so I can go there directly (i.e if anyone knows, I will appreciate) but if nobody knows, there is no need for insults.

Cheers
Hei! That's a natural reaction from tax payers because it's not the first time that people take advantage of the Finnish system.

I think it is a little bit irresponsible on your part to not check first before deciding to have your wife to give birth here. Come on it's a child's life that's on stake here but what's done is done. I hope you have prepared enough money in case you do decide for her to give birth here.

If you haven't seen a doctor yet, you should do it now.

intern101

Post by intern101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:32 am

roger_roger wrote:
intern101 wrote:Hei! That's a natural reaction from tax payers because it's not the first time that people take advantage of the Finnish system.
Don't put all taxpayers in your hater basket, it is your personal feelings which doesn't reflect millions of others.

If you lack empathy doesn't mean all taxpayers do. Speak for yourself.
My bad. What I meant are the taxpayers who reacted negatively to the op's post.

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:38 pm

There is no need for us to quarrel over this thing. I appreciate all of the positive contributions and also those who chose to scold me like their baby for whatever reason they choose. For me, no issues. I have gotten the points I need to get and am gone. Goodluck to us all. @intern101 tops.