Suomi FoodMoi

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Peach

Suomi FoodMoi

Post by Peach » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:08 am

Moi! I would like make a traditional finnish dinner with lohi ja peruna, so! does someone knows a recipe from an old finnish grand ma? :roll: and what do you suggest me for beverages? :beer_yum: by the way, the only meat i eat is fish*
Kiitos! :D

Suomi FoodMoi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Suomi FoodMoi

Post by wolf80 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Peach wrote:Moi! I would like make a traditional finnish dinner with lohi ja peruna, so! does someone knows a recipe from an old finnish grand ma? :roll: and what do you suggest me for beverages? :beer_yum: by the way, the only meat i eat is fish*
Kiitos! :D
First of all, horrible choice of color!! Why not go with classic black?

So, salmon with potatoes? You should find a recipe for that in every cooking book or on many online sites. Some salt and cream on the salmon and into the oven. Potatoes are boiled as usual. Classic choice of beverage would be white wine, or simply water.

Or did you mean Kalakeitto, salmon and potato soup?

Peach

Post by Peach » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 pm

yes! that salmon soup!, i tried before last time i was in FInland, it was so delicious and i like pink color so, sorry if you didn't like it but i do!.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Peach wrote: yes! that salmon soup!, i tried before last time i was in FInland, it was so delicious and i like pink color so, sorry if you didn't like it but i do!.
It is unfortunate that your love for pink does not end at the choice of your font color...

Then google 'kalakeitto' and you will find many good recipes. Especially if you avoid American food websites.

Peach

Post by Peach » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:37 am

I did it already, now that i know the name of the dish, i searched some videos and i copied the recipe :thumbsup: kiitos c: by the way, do you know about other traditional recipe i could try maybe?

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Peach wrote:I did it already, now that i know the name of the dish, i searched some videos and i copied the recipe :thumbsup: kiitos c: by the way, do you know about other traditional recipe i could try maybe?
https://www.google.fi/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=m3r ... sh+recipes

Peach

Post by Peach » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks!, if someone else could give me a recipe that is his/her favorite finnish dish, i will appreciate! :D